Chapter 3

Hello again, here's another chapter for you, enjoy(?)

//  //  //  //

After what happened you weren't able to go back to sleep, you looked at yourself in the mirror, it was visually obvious that you were tired.

The light but noticeable dark circles under your eyes is what gave it away.

Anytime you tried sleeping you kept thinking back on how that guy probably could have killed you, you were injured in the dream and you just so happened to be injured in real life afterwards, it was weird.

You haven't really heard anything about things like that but something about it was familiar, you couldn't quite put your finger on it though.
You sighed slightly as you stepped away from the mirror, you walked out of the bathroom and went to your room, changed your clothes for the day.

Right, you had to call that guy before you came in, you never did get his name.
You looked at the time, it was almost noon now.

You carefully felt the spot under your sleeve where you had been cut, although it was bandaged it was still tender.
You looked out the window, Julie was at work now so you were by yourself.

When you told her that you got hurt because of your dream she looked like she didn't believe but she had a knowing look in her eyes, as if she knew something.

//  //  //  //

Eventually the time came for you to leave, you left a bit early so you could at least arrive on time or at least around the time you said you would be there.
You pulled out your phone while you waited at the bus stop, you dialed the same number from before and waited.

It rang a few times before someone finally picked up, there was silence on the other end or at least you thought there was.
Listening closer there was quiet breathing, long deep breaths.

You guessed this was another one of the residents at this place, probably answered because they were near when the phone was ringing.

You decided to speak to break the silence, you cleared your throat before talking.

"Uhh... Hello? I was told to call before I came there... I was talking to someone yesterday."
You said, there was silence for a moment again before you received a low grunt in response, you could tell that they set the phone down based off of the sound.

There was a long pause before the phone was picked up again.

"H-Hello..?"
That familiar voice said on the other line, you smiled slightly.

"Hey, this is the girl/guy from yesterday, just doing what you asked me to do."
You replied, you earned a light laugh from the boy.

"Yeah, t-thanks for that, it gives me a chance to let the residents know b-before you come in, so none of them cause any ha-havoc while we're talking..."
He replied, you nodded, you notice the bus coming up to your station.

"Oh, I have to go, the bus is here, I'll see you when I get there."

"O-Oh alright, see you then."
With that you hung up and got on the bus, you told the driver the address and sat in an empty seat.

//  //  //  //

When you arrived at your stop you paid your dues and got off, you watched the bus leave, you looked around, the air was a lot more foggy here than it was in town.
The humidity wasn't too bad though surprisingly.

You spotted a gravel trail that split off from the road, you glanced around before following it.
After a while you were met with a gate.

(A/n: Basically just the cover if this book.)

You walked up to it, honestly your surroundings were awfully gloomy and unsettling, it made you slightly uncomfortable.
You stopped walking when a large house came into view, it looked like it had at least two or three floors including an attic.

A few of the lights were on, you stopped looking over the house when you noticed a large and tall figure standing in one of the windows on the second floor, you noticed the window was open and the curtains that hide the person pretty well blew lightly in the faint breeze.

You caught a glimpse of blue clothing which had the appearance of a jumpsuit.
Before you could look at them a bit more they tilted their head slightly and walked away from the window.

You shrugged it off and walked up to the door, you were about to knock when the door was opened.

A boy around your age was standing in the doorway, he had brown hair and wore a dark blue sweater with a light blue button-up under it.
He smiled slightly before greeting you.

//  //  //  //

Another chapter done, more to come.