Chapter 13

Honestly I want to continue writing not only to supply y'all but also because I want to try growing the reader and Michael's relationship more; along with the other characters in this but mostly Michael.

So I'll try updating this when I can or when I have the motivation, but I won't push myself too hard to the point I'll get writer's block again.

I wouldn't want to disappear for a few months again.

// // // //

Michael's pov

The two of you had shared chocolates while Michael had listened to your stories, the mentions of a kid that he knew was himself made him feel some type of way though when you had said you couldn't remember his name a slight pain came over him.

When you had eventually fell asleep he continued to sit beside you on the edge of your bed, his gaze looking over your sleeping form, he knew who you were, he remembered you, how could he forget.
Looking down at his hand, the same hand that had a linear scar along his palm, tracing his thumb over it for a moment before he looked back at you. Carefully taking your hand in his, he spread your fingers to view your palm; the same scar lay within it. Of course, he knew it wouldn't just disappear, scars like that stay for a decent amount of time.

Laying your hand back down in it's original place, he watched as you pulled your hand under the blanket and held it against your chest. He stayed there for a moment before he looked towards one of two boxes left in the corner of your room. He wondered if you still had it.

Getting up from his spot and making his way over to the box, opening the one on top. Searching through it until he felt a familiar plushy body, pulling it from the confines of the box before closing the cardboard container again.
Looking at the light colored rabbit plush as he rubbed it's patched up stomach with his thumb. The patch was on the side, your father had down that after Skrunkle had gotten a tear on its side; Skrunkle is what younger you called the plush.

The rabbit plush was a birthday gift from him to you, it was about two weeks late but he had saved up for it and bought it himself just for you. Feeling its soft fur before he brought it over to you, who was still fast asleep. He sat down on the edge of your bed again before lifting your arm and laying the rabbit plush against your chest, letting your arm go as you hugged the stuffed toy. His eyes wandering over your face for a while before he leaned to lay down as well, positioning himself so he was in front of you and facing towards you.

To him, he was laying beside the person he fell in love with at a young age, to you... he was just a resident that displayed an odd admiration for you. He knew you didn't remember him and he wasn't sure how to make you remember but he knew he wanted you to. You remembered quite a few of the moments the two of you shared but his name was the only thing the you couldn't recall even if it was said every time you were around him in this current time; as if it was completely removed from your memory, the kid you once knew and the name didn't seem to have a link anymore.

Would you remember if he were to remove his mask?
Would you remember if you were to see his eyes?
Would you even remember if he showed anything that connected him to the memories of his past self?