Chapter 1

(This is my First fanfic pls be nice)

Your dress

He sat up top the wangshu inn roof

He sat up top the wangshu inn roof. Golden eyes peered out to a vast land filled with mountains, hills and waterways. The archon of anemo blew winds strong and mild throughout the curvature. Small doses of breeze made his navy teal hair wisp like a soul sat and played with his strands. He regularly heard all kinds of complaints but a new one caught his attention. Apparently a ruin hunter had been trying to attack people in the beginning of dihua marsh. He thought he'd head out first thing tomorrow. His stomach felt weird. He figured out that usually when his stomach hurts he needs to ingest nutrients. He jumped and landed smoothly on the wood floor of the deck. He padded down to the kitchen. Smiley Yanxiao never knew when to expect him or when he would show up since his foot falls were so quiet.

(Xiao's point of view)

"Can I get some almond tofu?" I asked suddenly, my stomach hurt and I hated the feeling. I figured out that usually my stomach hurts when I'm hungry. "A-ah! Of course, let me prepare it for you." Yanxiao never got used to my presence or requests. I made my way over to the small table that was tucked away in the corner and pulled out one of the seats. After waiting he finally came over with a dish in hand. He gently set it on the table and sat the spoon next to the plate. He quickly walked away with nervous sweat beading on him. I picked up the light spoon and cut the almond tofu and gently bit into it. A gentle sweet taste explored my tongue as it gently slid down my throat. I finished the food and disappeared from the kitchen. I sat back on top the roof. I layed my head down on the roofing and closed my eyes. I heard the sound of flame crack. I snapped open my eyes.

Red. Blood red.

Chains strung together with no end in sight.

My breathing quickened as I shook my head in fear. I tried to move. My arms wouldn't budge I looked down, chains slithered around my arms and legs locking me. 
I breathed rapid uncontrollable breaths as I looked around in panic. Tears automatically fell down my cheeks as I choked on my own sobs.

no. no no no no.
Please not here.
"P-PLEASE"

I gasped loudly as I felt hot liquids run my veins.

I squeezed my eyes closed and cried.

"no... please, please anything but here!"  I cried out in no avail.

"No...No...NO!" I screamed.

"xiao.......Xiao.....XIAO!"

My eyes shot open, I didn't feel the constraints of the chains or the heat in my veins. I looked around desperately. The land was still there, I was still on the roof at wangshu inn. It was already day. I looked down, verr goldet stood there with worry printed on her face.

"Wha-what's wrong?" I asked as I slid down the roof and landed before her.

"Xiao..." she whispered as she covered her mouth slightly.

"Xiao are you okay? You were yelling 'no' in your sleep" she said with a small quiver in her voice.

"I-I'm fine." I said angrily as I walked past her. My anger bubbled up. How could I let a mortal see me like that? I mentally hit myself.

"Please take care of yourself xiao, I'm here if you want to talk" she called out with worry straining her voice

"I don't need help from a mortal." I stated harshly as I teleported away.

Why of all times did this have to happen. It hasn't happened in a good while, I thought that maybe it didn't haunt me anymore. The thought of the ruin hunter lurking dihua marsh came back to mind. I teleported near the statue of seven. I didn't know exactly where it was so I had to search. The simple sound of a fiddle and a voice.

(Start song)

I stopped in my tracks. As if the melody trapped me and pulled me in. I walked with out noticing. The calm serene surrounded me. Butterfly's of different colors flew past me. With violet wings one landed gracefully on my finger. My anger and woe was swept away in the moment. My eyes softened. It gently fluttered its wings as it took off. My worries flooded back in. I don't want these feelings. I Went after it. It went through my arms and grasp. I felt out of breath and slowed down. I bent down and held my knees and looked up trying to see where the butterfly went.

There she sat.
Upon a Boulder. A white flowing dress, long (h/c) strands framed her face and fell to the ground. Butterfly's sat around her. The violet winged creature landed on her thigh. Her legs dangled, Fiddle in hand as the bow pulled across the strings and her other hand pressing the strings to make notes.

I stood in shock. Her Beauty, her gentle way with the butterflies and small soft looking hands that's handled the instrument.

She pulled the bow across the strings for the final time and brought the fiddle down from her chin and bow away. Her eyes gently opened and (e/c) eyes looked at the ground and slowly made their way to me.

A heavy blush quickly spread across my face and ears. A tang in my chest made my heart beat faster as she continued to look at me.

The whir of metal parts together sounded as the ruin hunter rose behind her.

I quickly broke out of the trance. "Watch out!" I yelled as it tried to attack. I brought out my pole arm as I prepared to use an anemo attack.

She gently rose her hand as if to stop me. I stopped confused. She looked back at it and she snapped her open palm close and vines shot out of the ground and brought it down. It whirred as it struggled to fight. The vines quickly entered and tore it apart from the inside out. It soon broke and vanished and turned into chaos cores.

I stood in amazement as I watched. She slowly turned her head back to me and gently stepped down from the boulder her toes touched the ground first and small vines and plants sprouted as her feet touched the ground. Her long hair dragged on the grass as she walked to me.

I gulped trying to muster up a sentence, finally "...are you okay?" I quickly said loudly not able to control what flew out of my mouth.

She gently raised her hand and there sat the violet winged butterfly.

I brought my hand up to hers and the butterfly gently landed on my hand. I looked up wanting to meet her (e/c) eyes once more. She was gone. I quickly looked around in bewilderment. 'Was it just a Dream?' I raised my hand and looked at the butterfly.

No. It was definitely real... she was definitely real.

I looked at the ground where she walked and vines and plants still sprouted from her foot falls. 'Definitely real..'

I headed back to wangshu in with the butterfly still on my finger. I watched its delicate movements from
Opening and closing its wings to slightly moving its legs.

I entered wangshu inn and heard someone calling for me.