Chapter 7

(You pov)

     It had been a few days since what happened, zhongli had left xiao in charge of giving me the medicine.

Xiao had taken you back to your house and made sure you didn't leave your bed, and made sure I didn't do something that would be too much for my body.

You were weak and constantly tired from taking the medicine and dealing with the pain when the medicine wore off.

You were often Bored and began to learn how to crochet, you had a somewhat large ball of thick yarn that you were making a blanket for xiao, you felt bad that he had to take care of you while you were unwell so hopefully this will make it up to him.

During the day xiao would go to wangshu inn and protect people there but when it got dark he would come back to my house and stay with me until morning.

But... I just felt like a burden, that he had to come take care of me while he couldn't up hold his contract with morax 24/7. 

It was getting colder out by the day and the leaves started to fall off the trees, I felt bad that I couldn't do anything, that I just had to sit and watch it happen.

I was started to get worried when the wind started to pick up and the wood in my house would creek. It started to rain and beat on the roof. I made sure to close my window before it really started to pour.

I was getting close to finishing the blanket for xiao. I always made sure to hide it before he came.

It was about time for him to arrive so I folded the blanket and set it under the bed. He should be here any time.

He wasn't coming

I was worried that something happened to him, but I keep forgetting he's an immortal.

I sat with my head leaning against the wall. My thumbs twiddled together hoping that he's on his way soon.

After an hour I started to feel panic rise in me. The bubbling feeling was starting to come back, but my medicine was in the other room and I could barley walk. 

"X-Xiao.....xiao!"  I tried calling out his name but he never came. I uncovered my self as I stared to feel the pain again. I started to move around uncomfortably as the pain worsened.

I tried to get out of the bed and get to my medicine. My foot hit the door frame and I fell to the ground.

My arm got caught on a loose nail in the door frame, a sudden scratch went down the side of my arm.

I gasped loudly as the green marks faintly started to appear again.

Xiao... where are you?

(Xiao's pov)

Dammit... I kept getting caught up in things, people keep coming to me with problems and it was already dark out.

I teleported to guili plaines where an abyss mage had been reported.

I landed and I started searching for in.

I came across a hilichurl camp and saw it, it danced around the fire with hilichurls beside it.

I dashed out and the mage immediately shot up and it's shield came up, with a few hits I got it's shield down and I did a few anemo attacks and killed it. I easily took care of the rest of the hilichurls.

I watched them fade away and I grabbed the materials that fell. I realized I had a small cut on my shoulder, I took off my shoulder spike off and looked at the wound . It wasn't bad but enough to have to be bandaged.