Chapter 8

I blushed at what was inside.

A Dark green lace underwear and bra.

"Xiao?" I heard her call my name and I turned around quickly and saw her laying in bed with her eyes barley open looking at me.

I quickly walked Over to her, not realizing I still had the box in my hand.

(Your POV)

I had just woken up, I don't really remember what happened, only that xiao wasn't here.

My arm felt weird. I looked down at it and saw it wrapped in bandages.

I looked to my right and saw the door across from my room open. I saw small flashes of fabric in the corner of the door frame.

"Xiao?" I called out, I didn't want some random person in my home so I called out to see if it was him

He came around the corner and walked into my room a wave a relief washed over to see that it was him, but he held a white box in his hands.

I knew what it was and blushed as he quickly walked over.

"Xiao... what were you doing in that room?" I asked hoarsely as I looked up at him.

He had red on his ears and his nose.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be in there." He said softly as he looked down at the box.

"It's alright, just...ask me next time." I stated as my eyes drifted away from him.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered as small tears rolled down my face.

Xiao's face was a mix of shock and confused.

"W-what? Why are you upset? You don't have any control of what's happening to you." He said quickly as he set the box at the end of the bed and came back to me.

"I-I'm sorry that you have to constantly keep checking on me... and taking care of me." I said tiredly as my voice cracked

I didn't know why I was crying. I hadn't cried like this in a long time. But...Maybe it's for the better.

Xiao didn't understand the feeling or emotion of crying.

he didn't have the courage to wipe her tears and console her. He just gently grabbed your hand hoping that it was the right think to do.

I sniffed and wiped my tears away.

I laughed at my patheticness and sat up.

I tried to put what just happened behind me and looked at where xiao held my hand.

"Xiao your hands are sweaty." I said while my lips were pressed in a line while I looked at him.

He blushed and tried to pull away but you kept a grip on him.

"Xiao... there's no need to be ashamed... I quite like it. I said as I laughed weakly at his red face.

I brought his hand up to my lips and gently kissed his knuckles.

His face was beet red and he could barley put together a sentence. It was like steam came out of his ears.

I chuckled and let out a genuine laugh.

Xiao stopped and a small, small smile curved at his lip.

I was happy that he finally was able to let some of that emotion out.

"So, I'm guessing your curious about what's in that box?" I sniffed and wiped my tears as I leaned down and grabbed the white box and brought it to my lap.

His shyness made him look away bashfully.

I opened the box and pulled out the lace.

"When I was younger and I first started doing my job as a goddess of nature I had asked the people who worshipped me for clothing, since I didn't have much at the time and a man who was great at sewing and making clothing brought this to me. At first I was confused and I remember morax was furious." I explained and laughed as I remember zhonglis it mad face as he went after the man.

"Why was Rex lapis so upset?" Xiao asked surprised.

" well usually this kind of clothing is worn to entice another person." You explained nonchalantly as I set the clothing down on the side of my leg and looked back at xiao.

"O-oh..." xiao didn't really understand the the feeling of enticement but he knew what it meant.

" I wore it once to show the man that I appreciated it and zhongli was so mad and upset that he grounded me." I laughed as I ran my thumb across Xiao's knuckles.

Xiao stayed quiet as he listened to me talk

"Maybe I'll wear it again one day if I find the right man." I giggled as I folded it and placed it back in the box.

"Xiao if you go grab that green hair pin I'll wear it." I said as I swung my legs off the bed and sat.

He stood up and went to The closet end gently grabbed the back box and brought it to me.

I thanked him and I took my long hair and twisted it and wrapped it around its self and took the hair pin and ran it though the side of the bun and let my hands come away and looked at Xiao.

"It...looks good..." he said as he rubbed the back of his neck and bashfully looked at the floor

You peered outside, the sun was beginning to rise, which meant xiao had to leave.

He looked outside and knew it too.

"I need to go... take care of yourself... I don't want you to be in pain again." He said as he started to walk away.

"Xiao... promise me to have a good day... alright?" You said with a tired smile on your face as he looked back at you and nodded then disappeared.

You waited a little longer then pulled the yarn and the crocheted blanket out from under the bed.

I had asked for teal yarn to make a blanket a while back and zhongli got it for me.

I learned how to crochet when I was young so I thought that I'd put it to good use.

After a few hours of hard work, I had finally finished the blanket for xiao. I was proud of my work and couldn't wait to give it to him.

I still had a good amount of yarn left I wanted to make a bunny but I needed a few other colors of yarn and stuffing.

I opened the window above my bed and whistled loudly.

A messenger pidgeon flew into the window and landed on the sill. I swung my legs off the bed and shakily stood up and walked to my desk and grabbed a pen and paper.

    Dear Morax

     I've found myself crocheting again, and I've been making little gifts. I was wondering if you could bring me white, pink and black yarn. If you find a color that  you enjoy feel free to bring it and I'll make something for you.  <3

    Sincerely, (y/n)

I folded the paper and tied it to the birds leg and sent him off.

I folded Xiao's new blanket and set it on the corner of the bed.

I put away the knitting supplies and laid back down in bed and waited.