Chapter 2

"Xiao! Are you okay you disappeared for a little bit I just wanted to see if you were okay." Verr goldet stood as she watched me trail up the stairs.

"Have you seen a girl with long hair, anywhere?" I asked quickly. I wanted to see her again, to hear her play her fiddle once more, for her to look at me with gentle eyes.

"Umm... no. I haven't" she stated confused with my sudden inquiry. "But I can keep a look out, if I see her I will tell you." She smiled as she walked closer to me.

"Just Tell me if you see her." I whisper out. I want to see her, at least know her name. Possibly Rex lapis knew something about her. I knew she was a goddess of some sort, but I had never heard of her.

"Do you know if I can send a letter through a
Messager pidgeon?" I quickly asked verr.
"Oh Um yeah I have one let me bring you paper and a pen to send it out as soon as possible." She let off a happy aura as she walked away to retrieve the pidgeon along with paper and a pen. I took a seat at one of the outdoor tables and waited patiently for her to get back.

She soon arrived with a pidgeon on top her arm. She set the paper on the table and I began to write.

Dear Rex lapis,

I met a young looking female in dihua marsh, she seems to have control over the greenery.
Is she a new goddess? I have yet to learn her name. I was interested to see if you had any knowledge about her.
I would like to meet in jueyun karst, tomorrow when the sun is highest.

Sincerely, adeptus Xiao

I finished writing and folded it up and tied it to the carrier pidgeons leg. Verr goldet raised her arm quickly and the grey bird flew off towards liyue.

The next day I reported to jueyun karst when the sun met it's peak.

I landed on the ground by Mt Aocang, I looked up, I saw him sitting there his long hair slowly waving in the breeze. I immediately got on one knee and laid one first on the ground to him to show my respect to the one who stills upholds our contract today.
"Rex lapis." I stated as I looked at the ground with timid eyes.

"For the last time... I am no longer Rex lapis, I go by zhongli now." His firm voice low and calm called through the air.

"Of course...zhongli" I said as I rose from my position and walked to the stone table and took a seat. He looked exactly the same but with different clothes.

"So, you want to know about (y/n)?" He asked calmly as he looked at me.

(Y/n)? It suited you to a tee, like you knew what you looked like before you came to be.
"Um yes I encountered her yesterday, I didn't know there was a new goddess" I stated calmly as I put my hands together.

His soft laughs cut the air. He slightly covered his mouth. "(Y/n) isn't a new goddess she's been around for as long as I." He laughed out as he set both his hands back down to the table.

"O-oh, I didn't know...can you tell me more about her?" I was kind of taken back how did I not know she was as old as zhongli. She definitely didn't look 6000 years old she looked to be around 19.

"(Y/n) is the goddess of greenery and pleasure, if she wasn't around we wouldn't have the trees here today." Zhongli stated as picked up a leaf that fell onto the stone table.
"She was offered to be the dendro archon but she declined, she said she didn't like the thought of her work being destroyed to make a city." He sighed as he let the leaf fall to the ground.

"Ill warn you, she's a shy girl, but she's dangerous as well, her control of nature can be deadly. So if you try to talk to her be gentle and have your intentions set well." He hummed as he made eye contact with me.

"She's plays a fiddle, it's a beautiful sound. Usually she has a black horse by her side. It's name is kaiju, hes very protective of her. Make sure you don't attack and let him come to you." He finished his sentence and stood up gently.

Was he leaving already? I haven't seen him in so long.

"Oh and Xiao, you can find her northeastern of here." He concluded as he walked away returning to his town.

North east? Hmmm. I blushed at the thought of seeing her again. But why am I feeling this way?, as An Adeptus I shouldn't be stopped with these kind of mortal problems.

I stood up from the table turned away I started to walk away but I heard the small flap of wings I looked up and saw the violet winged creature land on my nose. I was calm and I let my guard down as I watched in a daze. An itch came to my nose as I sneezed and the butterfly jumped off my face.

"Come back!" My arm reached out to it. Of course it escaped my grasp.

Was this really worth it...?

..........yes.

I chased after it. it brought me around twists and turns. I was nearing closer and closer to it I reached out once more and felt nothing beneath me. I gasped and stopped in time. I looked down, a cliff small pebbles fell as I peered over the edge.

The butterfly fluttered in my face.

"Yo-you!" I growled in anger.

I brought my hand up to the butterfly. Even though I was mad at for almost taking me off a cliff, I just couldn't kill it. Zhongli said she was a god of nature... would this hurt her?

I snapped out of it and gently moved my finger to the insect and moved it to my finger.

It flew away, down the cliff. And there,

A black steed stood.