Chapter 12

(Xiao's pov)

I had spent the First few days completely with her but as the days went on I would go to wangshu inn and help people but at the end of the day I'd go and visit her sleeping body.

It was getting closer and closer to spring by the day.

Every day when I went to go see her I hoped she'd be awake.

Still nothing.

Zhongli came to visit a few times, he brought gifts for when she wakes up and would bring me small snacks.

I looked through the gifts and pulled out two dresses one was purple with florals

My cheeks burned at the thought of her walking around in the dress.

The other was a beautiful green with see through sleeves and flowers sewed in the chest, sleeves and part of the dress.

I continued to go through the basket and pulled out a cream colored cloth, I was confused as to what I holding and then finally realized I was holding a pair
of underwear.

I blushed and set it back in the basket.

I grabbed a brown bottle and held it up, I was confused as to what it was, there was a label on the back that read perfume.

I brought it up to my nose and sniffed, it was a strong but sweet smell, It was the scent of glaze lilies and Cecilia's

I saw a thin black box and opened it, Inside were four whole jade bracelets.

I understood the two, one for each wrist but not why there were four of them

The rest was just small trinkets and jewelry.

It was about time that I left for the day, I went over and gently patted her head and teleported away.

Finally the snow has melted away. I knew she was going to awake any day so I teleported to her house to clean.

I walked in the smell of rotten food hit my nose.

Gross.

I grabbed a towel and laid it out on the counter and grabbed all of the rotten food and placed it on the towel. After I got all the food on it I wrapped the towel up and took it outside and dumped the food in a hole and covered it up with dirt.

I took the towel and laid it beside the river and went inside and grabbed any dirty clothes that accumulated on the floor, and the sheets on her bed. I put all of them in the short barrel and took them outside. I set the closes out one by one and filled the short barrel with water. I knew that I saw soap some where inside.

I found some sitting by the washboard, the item that I needed.

I brought both out and dumped the soap in the water. I took off my gloves and rolled up my sleeves. I began washing each of the clothing items until it was all done and my hands hurt.

I Dipped the clothes in the running water and ringed them out.

Behind the house was a clothes line, how did I not see it before?

I hung the clothes up and dumped the dirty water in the flowing river.

I set the bucket out to dry as I went in and began running a wet rag over the counters, tables and cabinets.

The house was smelling cleaner already.

I opened the window in her bedroom and let the fresh air flow in.

It felt good to have the place clean.

I put my hand In my pocket and pulled out the hair pin.

I remember when she wore it for me.

Don't get me wrong I love her long hair but it was good to see it up for a change.

I was done at the house, now I just had to go help at wangshu inn

I walked out of the house and something caught my eye.

A single short blade of grass.

"(Y/n)"

I teleported to qingce village and raced past people and ran Into the cavern. I was going so fast that I tripped and fell down the stairs.
I landed with an oof. I looked up and no longer saw the body of the dragon, but  (y/n)

I stood up quickly and ran over to her.

I fell to my knees as I held her unclothed body in my arms.

"(Y-y/n)!, I-I'm sorry that I made you go away!" I immediately cried in the crook of her neck.

"X-xiao" her sweet voice mad me look up from my position of crying.

Her eyes were tired and she felt a lot skinnier then what she already was.

Her hand brushed my navy teal locks out of my face as she smiled at me.

I hugged her tightly. It felt so good to have her in my arms, with out her it felt like a flame had gone out.

"Xiao why are you crying?" She asked as hugged me back.

"I-I missed you."