4- 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵

Nsfw, Angst

-:-Dream POV-:-

I wake up with my chest bare, Y/N no longer occupying the space next to me.

What the fuck?

She's done this before, wandered off in the middle of the night. It's not safe, of course, but she insists that she'll be fine, and that she just needs fresh air.

Y/N isn't the only one who's been having dreams about someone. Lately I've been having dreams about George, I'm not sure why. His death, wasn't my fault...right? I warned him, I told him to leave, but he didn't listen. Techno is the one that killed him, not me. It's. Not. My. Fault. I can't blame myself for things I can't control. I need to learn how to let go, both Y/N and I need to learn.

I often wonder why Y/N didn't want to look more into her past, that's one of the only things she has been able to let go of. If I was her, I would be looking high and low for where I came from, but I guess that's what separates me and her; I can't move on, she can.

I get up, no longer finding myself tired. Our axolotl in the tank across the room looks at me, I think it wants to be fed.

"Hey Shark, you want some food?" I say in a baby voice. Shark swims in a circle, I laugh. I remember when we first came across the axolotl.

"You insist on taking me fishing almost every day, but we never actually catch anything" Y/N whines, shivering from how cold it is today.

"Relax, we'll catch something, I know it."

Suddenly Y/N's bobber goes underwater, and she shrieks.

"REEL! REEL!" I yell.

She starts laughing as she reels the rod, struggling to keep the rod up as the fish pulls.

"Jeez, you can hold a sword but you can't reel a fishing rod?" I laugh.

"Shut up!" she laughs. As she reels the fish in, I realize it's not a fish at all.

It's an axolotl.

"Oh my god." she gasps.

"It's fine, just throw it back in."

"No, it's bleeding. Dream I just hurt an axolotl!" she yelled, trying to decide on what to do next.

"Hey, hey, it's fine. I'll bring it back to the house with us, and we can help it." I reassured her, unhooking the axolotl and cradling it in my arms.

When we get back to the house, Y/N is less tense than she was.

"We're keeping it?" she asked.

"Only if you'll let me." I laughed.

"What should we name it?" she questioned, staring at the axolotl intently.

It reminded me a lot like a shark, it was different shades of blue, with this fin sticking up on top of its body that you wouldn't usually see on a regular axolotl.

"What about Shark? It kind of looks like one." I suggest.

"I like that, Shark." she agrees, patting its head.

We've had Shark for months, and I'm happy that Y/N let me keep it.

I've realized a lot about Y/N lately. She finds happiness in certain things, and once those things are gone, her happiness disappears. She finds comfort and happiness in safety, and she finds safety in me and her surroundings. She's been acting irrational because she no longer feels safe, and she believes the only way for her to regain that comfort and happiness again, is to destroy what's disturbing it in the first place.