14- 𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

-:-Y/N POV-:-

Eret and I have been talking for what feels like hours. I almost forgot the reason I came out here. He's currently laughing about the time where I was climbing a tree and got bit by a bird. He finds it funny, I personally was terrified. I am still afraid of birds.

"Eret, do you happen to know where Dream is?" I ask, blinking my eyes rather quickly.

His smile fades.

"Of course princess, he's surely been locked up long enough. I don't want him to go crazy in that room with Ranboo." He giggles.

"Wait, Ranboo's in there too?" I question.

"Yeah, you can take him if you want. Cara only wanted him so we could find you. He's probably long gone at this point though."

"What do you mean? You just said he was locked up with Dream?" I raise my eyebrows, confused.

"No, not like long gone distance-wise. Like long gone, up HERE." He says, pointing to his head.

"You're a dick." I laugh, punching him in the arm as we walk.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ranboo has gone a little crazy. He's dealt with torture for who knows how long, that stuff can really affect you, and it's definitely traumatizing. Eret would know all about that.

"Eret, what's it like? You know, to be tortured." I mumble. A part of me hopes he answers the question, but the other half hopes he didn't even hear me. I don't want to ruin his mood, he seems so happy right now. I haven't seen a genuine smile from him in forever.

"Well, words can describe how it feels, emotionally and physically," he replies, looking down at the ground as he walks.

"Well, are there any words you can use?" I asked.

"Imagine you're underwater. You can hold your breath for a long time, so a part of you has hope you can swim up to get air in time. Day after day, you run out of air to hold on to, and you feel the need to breathe. You try to swim up, going as fast as you can, but you get tugged back down. You get tugged down by a rope attached to your foot. You try desperately to escape the rope, but it doesn't let you go. All your hope of being able to breathe again disappears, and you surrender to the rope." he explains.

Wow.

"Eret, I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's my fault." I sigh.

"It was your fault I left, but it wasn't your fault I got tortured, that was out of anyone's control. Even I couldn't do anything to stop it" He puts a hand on my shoulder.

There's many moments of silent walking, until I finally break the silence. "I was such a bad friend."

"No, you were just angry, confused, and while you did take it out of me, I never took it that personally." He sighed.

"You obviously did, or you wouldn't have left." I mutter, although I regret the words as soon as they come out of my mouth.

"I wasn't upset about argument Y/N. I mean, I was, but that wasn't the main reason." he claimed. He was playing with his fingers; he's nervous.

"Then what was it?" I questioned. I don't want to make him more nervous, but my curiosity has taken the wheel at this point.

"If I'm being completely honest, it was because of our fling," he says, looking at me. I stare at him, and he looks at me to see if I have any objections before he keeps talking. "I've never denied my feelings for you, so I have no problem talking about this. You were right when you said I couldn't do anything casual with you. Well I was fine at first, but having sex with you multiple times a week didn't really make the feelings for you go away." He laughed nervously.

All of a sudden there's an awkward silence, but the increasing speed of the wind allows there to be a little bit of noise. How far away is Dream? We've been walking for a while.

"Yeah, I get it. I shouldn't have done that to you, it was manipulative of me." I replied. I could tell that wasn't the response he wanted, and he now looked disappointed.

"Your boyfriend's in this building up here." He mutters, and I can sense irritation in his tone. I knew asking questions would ruin his mood.

We make our way up a small hill, and there's an old building that's in no condition for anyone to be living in. I have to admit, the outside looks kind of pretty; it has vines running down its brick exterior, and it gives me a familiar feeling of home, even though I have no memory of a home.

Eret opens the door for me to go in. I step inside, but I realize he's not following me in.

"Are you coming?" I ask.

"I'm gonna go for a walk around here, but I'll come back in around twenty minutes so we can go back to the village," he says.
"Eret...I don't think we're going back to the village." I sigh.

Eret looks confused. He doesn't say anything for a while, as if he's trying to decide whether he should say what's on his mind. I wait for him to speak.

"Why? You used to talk about Cara all the time, and now she's-"

He pauses, having a moment of realization.

"She's just not the same." I mumble. "And that's not necessarily a bad thing. People change, hell I've definitely changed since the last time I saw her. But she's a whole different person, dare I say evil."

"I understand." is all Eret says before he hugs me.

"Come with us." I whisper as we're hugging.

"You know I can't do that." he sniffles.

And as much as I want to argue for him to come with us, I know what he means. He can't come with us, and it makes me feel terrible because the only reason he doesn't dare to tag along with Dream and I is because it actually hurts him to see us together. It hurts him.

"Besides, Cara will have my head if I leave. We can figure something out I promise." He kisses my forehead.

And then he's gone.

(A/N: I really need to stop making Eret so goddamn likeable💀💀)