18- 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵

-:-Eret POV-:-

Man, I fucked up.

I didn't see Dream, I didn't mean to hurt her, or him. I shouldn't have done that.

But Karl doesn't give me any time to think about that, and he pulls me to the side.

"Look, whatever just happened seems really complicated, but we need to get rid of Cara, and go get Y/N. This problem is bigger than whatever love triangle is going on with you guys," he explained.

"Speaking of problems, you told me very little details about this so-called 'problem', so I'd like to know what's going on." I snap. If he's going to urge me into his little plans, then I need to know exactly what the fuck is going on.

"I already told you, as much as I'd like to explain, it's difficult." He sighed. I swore under my breath.

"Yeah Karl, what's so difficult to say? If it's a problem we deserve to know." Cara says. I almost forgot she was there.

"You don't deserve to know anything. I suggest you leave before I make you." Karl orders.

"Threatening me? Not a good look on you Karl. I'll go, but only because I have a few things to do." Cara smirks. "See you boys later!"

She runs off, and in the blink of an eye she's gone. Someone needs to tell me what the fuck is going on. Y/N is probably in the woods doing god knows what, Karl isn't telling me everything, Dream most likely wants to kill me right now, and Cara is acting weird(weirder than usual at least).

"Listen, I want to explain. I really do, but we need to find Y/N." Karl sighs.

I laughed nervously "I think we should give her some space. If we show up now, she'll probably kill me."

"Fair enough." Karl lets out a giggle. "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Well, Cara isn't who she says she is-" Karl started. "Yes, Cara was stabbed by little Tommy."

---

"Hello! Yes, hello! My name is Cara!

"What- who are you? Where did you come from?" Wilbur spat.

"I'm- I'm with my best friend, my sister, we just haven't seen people in so long!" Cara says, smiling.

"We know everyone around here, and we've never seen you."

"That's what I'm saying, I'm not from around here."

"What if she's with Dream?" Wilbur whispered.

"Did you just say Dream?" Cara mutters, her eyes wide.

"You know him?"

"Yes! I mean no, we're not-"

"Anyone who is with Dream, does not have any business here. He's evil."

"Yes I understand but-"

"Tommy! What did you just do?!"

---

"Y/N obviously thought she was dead, everyone there did. But as the group ran away from the murder they had just committed, Y/N ran over to Cara's body." Karl explained.

"And?" I questioned.

"She had no pulse. Y/N was there for hours, she didn't breathe once. She was dead." Karl continued. "Anyways, what got Cara killed was the fact that she admitted to knowing Dream. How does she know Dream exactly? I'm honestly not sure of that part, but whatever it was, Cara feared him, like everyone else did. But her fear was not caused by his gain of power, it was caused by something traumatic, something happened to make her deadly afraid of him."

"Wait, hold up. You're telling me that Dream knew about Cara this entire time? And that he did something to her?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes."

"Ha, you know you sound fucking crazy right now? One, Dream has never mentioned Cara. Two, how the hell do you know these things? Three, if Cara was dead, which she obviously isn't, then how the hell did we just speak to her not even twenty minutes ago?" I snapped. He sounded insane, how does this guy know all of this anyway?

"I know because I was there," he replied, straight face and all.

What the fuck.

"Right, sure you were. Y/N doesn't even know who you are."

"I'll explain that part later. The thing is, Y/N's Cara is dead. The Cara you have been seeing, is not the same Cara. She's from a different multiverse."

"Timeline? What is this, Dr. Strange?" I laughed, but Karl's face remained serious.

"If you would like to put it that way, I guess it's similar. I'm a time traveler."

"A fucking what?"

(A/N: sorry for the short chapter, I've been very busy lately, next ones will be longer. only about 3-4 chapters left)