15- 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴

-:-Eret POV-:-

I walk away from Y/N, feeling guilty. I could've told her everything right then and there, but I chickened out, and now she might have to find out the hard way.

Y/N's not stupid, she'll figure out everything, it's only a matter of time. She figured out almost everything, hell she might know even more than I think she does. If I know one thing about Y/N, it's that she's very good at hiding her thoughts. She can keep them contained, at least, until it's too much and she explodes.

I haven't seen Karl yet, but I know I'm bound to soon. It's hard to explain, but somehow I know he's coming, and I also know why he's coming. It's like he sent me a message telepathically, telling me he would be here soon. Though I'm not sure if that's actually true or possible, I also don't know why he would send one to me. Out of all people, I barely know him.

I should've warned Y/N about Dream. Even though he and I were old pals, he's not the person Y/N thinks he is. She's almost oblivious to all of his bad traits. In her eyes, it's like he's an angel sent from heaven, but in all truth, he's the devil disguised as an angel.

I used to envy Dream, sometimes I still do. His dirty blonde hair that always seems to be perfect even if he was covered in blood, his emerald green eyes that could make anyone fall in love just by looking at them. He could get whatever he wanted, but he chose to have nothing. That never made much sense to me; the way he pushed everyone away, and for what? Power? It's hard to believe that someone could crave power so much that they would give up everything and everyone to get it. We all have our secrets though,

And some of them are better left unsaid.

-:-

When I make my way back to Cara, she looks exhausted, and confused.

"Cara? Are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost." I ask. She says nothing. With her eyes wide, she points to the inside of our main building. Without hesitation, I rushed inside the building. I spoke too soon about Karl. There he is, standing there looking quite literally like a ghost.

"Eret!" he yells. holding his arms out and hugging me. I hesitate. "Oh, don't seem too shocked to see me, you knew I was coming."

"I just...wasn't actually expecting it." I mumble. Karl pulls away, he seems concerned, or maybe worried.

"You know why I'm here though, right?" he asked. I nodded.

"Right. As much as I would love to catch up with you, I need to know where Y/N is, and Dream." he explains.

I freeze. I didn't actually expect him to be here, ever. And since he is here, it's only a matter of time before Y/N finds out everything, if she doesn't know already.

"Eret?"

"Look Karl, as much as I'd like to help you, less than an hour ago both her and Dream were running away. They've been dying to get the hell out of here." I emphasize, and Karl's face drops.

"What?" Cara says from behind me.

Fuck.

"Listen, Y/N asked me for help, but she left on her own." I say, as I turn around to face her. Her red hair practically blends in with the sunset seen from through the window.

"And you let her leave?! You knew I wanted to show her our home, where we came from!" she yells. Karl stares at her with disgust. Oh no.

"Hm, that's weird, considering you don't come from anywhere." Karl snaps, which takes Cara by surprise. Wait, what is he talking about? I don't dare to ask right now, we need to get away from Cara first, and from the look on Karl's face, I can tell he's thinking the same thing.

"Listen Cara, we have bigger problems right now than you giving Y/N a tour of her childhood." I snarl. I'm sick of her shit. Karl looks at me with confusion.

After moments of silence, Karl yells. "Run!"

I bolt it. He and I are out of there in seconds. We can hear Cara yelling and chasing after us, but we keep going. Karl knows something about Cara that even I don't know. And while I'm dying to ask him, I know I should wait till a better time.

"Do you have anywhere we can hide?" he yells.

I think for a moment. Cara knows this land pretty well, there aren't many places to hide. Except-

"Dream and Y/N's house. I found it a while ago, and went to check on them. Cara doesn't know where it is." I say.

"Do you think Y/N and Dream would be there?" Karl asks.

"No, they're probably long gone by now. But we still have a chance of finding them, I know where they might go." I explain.

Karl nods, and we keep running. The wind hits my face hard. I can't hear Cara anymore, but I don't dare to turn my head. She looked so crazy back there. Her facial expression scared me, she looked psychotic.

What the fuck is happening?

-:-

It takes us a while, but we manage to make it to Y/N's house. Karl and I are out of breath, but we know we need to get inside quickly. The quicker we find Y/N, the quicker this mess can be over. Karl is here to save Y/N, but the way he was talking to Cara makes me think that's not the only reason he's here.

"Karl, is there something else going on?" I ask, shutting the door behind us as we step inside.

"What do you mean?" he replies. It's obvious he's lying.

"Why was Cara acting so strange?" I question.

"Listen Eret, it's better if I explain everything after we save Y/N." He sighs. I decide to leave it alone.

I look around, this place is nicely decorated. I would give kudos to Dream, but I know Y/N is definitely the one that decorated the place. I see familiar tapestries, like the ones from her old bunker. Maybe she grabbed the stuff from down there before she and Dream left.

I look to my right and see a fogged up tank inside the wall. I rub my arm on the glass, and it reveals an axolotl. It's startled by my presence, realizing that I'm not its owners.

"Eret?" Karl says.

"Yes?"

"You ready to listen to my plan?"

(A/N: off topic, but has anyone watched euphoria? cause its getting messy😃)