7: C10

Mai
____________________________________

Okay, this guy is genuinely terrifying. I'm bleeding from all the shrapnel and rubble that keeps getting launched everywhere from his explosions, and Miwa isn't in an any better situation.

She can't get close enough to do any damage, or even distract him for me to fire at him. He's slower than Maki, by a good deal too, but he's just too damn spontaneous.

"What's wrong? Where'd all that confidence go?" He asked, appearing behind me, and reaching for my face.

I barely leaned back fast enough to get out of his reach, but a small bird flew out of his sleeve. I rolled backwards and it flew over me, hitting a tree before exploding. I got to my feet quickly, only to see his flying towards my face. I raised my arms and blocked it, only to be sent flying into a tree.

Dammit, either my right arm is broken, or breaking. I can't take much more of this.

"Mai! Call for Todo-kun!" Miwa shouted.

"How!? He probably doesn't have his phone on him, and on the off chance mine is shattered I won't have time." I called back.

"Dammit, why do I have to be so useless!" She exclaimed.

The curse let out a maniacal laugh and planted his hands on the ground. I don't know what he's about to do, but I know it isn't good. I did however notice his attention is entirely on me. I reloaded as fast as I could, and shot at him.

It hit his shoulder but he didn't even flinch. Miwa seemed to notice as well, and dashed towards him. She let out a yell and swung her sword down on him, causing him to raise his left arm.

The sword cut into him, but it didn't go all the way through. I took the opportunity and shot him with the rest of my ammo, and he hissed in pain. He started forming another clay thing in his free hand, and I grinned as I formed a strategy.

"Miwa, get back!" I called.

She nodded and jumped back. I shot the clay in his hand, and it exploded. He yelled as he got launched back into a tree, and used a tree to struggle to his feet. I looked at Miwa and she caught on. She rushed him again, and he dodged a slash.

I fired another shot, and it hit his right arm. He gripped it and ducked behind a tree, causing Miwa to attack him again. We continued this for a couple of minutes, slowly but surely chipping away at him.

After a minute or two, instead of attacking him directly, Miwa simply cut through the tree he was behind, causing his eyes to widen. He narrowly ducked under my gun shot, but Miwa kicked him into the middle of the clearing, and I aimed for where his heart should be, while Miwa placed her sword against the back of his neck.

"We got you now. Give up." I instructed.

"Do you? My technique isn't creating clay and blowing it up, it's detonating my cursed energy. I have touched every single tree around us while you attacked me, and I put my cursed energy in every last one." He said with a smirk.

My eyes widened, and I looked around.

"You're bluffing. Even if you did do that, you'd just blow yourself up with us!" I shouted.

"Okay? You can't see the beauty in it yet, but blowing myself up only adds to the art and glory of the explosion! Besides, my man Yuji and my man Megumi will still be conscious, they aren't anywhere near here. Nobara and Maki are both super strong, so their fine too. I dunno about Panda-senpai, but I'm sure he's really strong too. So that's what? Four of you guys down with only one of us. I see that as an artistic strategy."

"Oh shit. He isn't bluffing Miwa, run!" I shouted.

"Too late! C10, Napalm Forest!" He shouted, holding up a handsign, as the surrounding tree started glowing.

"Ah fuck."