⋄ Ⅰ ⋄

❝𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖉, 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖈𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖎𝖙 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖎𝖙,❞

...

(A/N: Welcome back! If you just started this series, this is the second book, go read the first one 😂. Anyways, thanks for coming to read the second book, the updates will be one at a time seeing as I don't have a backlog of already written chapters. Bear with me, I'm trying to make this story as enjoyable as possible and I'm writing as frequently as I can. Enjoy! 😀)

| February 10th, 1965 |

Charlotte's POV

"He's not fat you asshole!" Charlotte yelled, fighting against the people who were holding her back. "Shut the fuck up! You're just a desperate dumbass bitch who only wishes you can you be as attractive as John!"

The Beatles stood there motionlessly, trying to make sense of the situation. They didn't expect Charlotte to act this way, she was always so quiet and calm. Brian was extremely irritated by her sudden outburst, and he put his hand on his chin thoughtfully.

Eventually, Charlotte was escorted out of the building, but not without a fight. She fought and thrashed her arms around until the reporter was out of sight. The security guards threw her to the ground and turned around, walking back into the building.

Charlotte stumbled up from the ground and dusted herself off, receiving scrutinizing looks from people that walked by. She was tempted to say 'fuck off' and reveal to them her middle finger, but she figured that she shouldn't do that because she was already in enough trouble as is. Charlotte didn't care what the general public thought, that's why she risked her reputation to stick up for John.

Speaking of John, he stepped out of the doors and rushed to her side. He draped his arm over her shoulders comfortingly.

"You alright?" He asked, looking over her body for injuries.

When he gingerly held her hands in his and was about to check her forearms, she recoiled instantly. Charlotte avoided eye contact, which probably made her appear even suspicious. John gave her a confused look and decided to leave her be, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear and glancing between her two silver eyes.

"I'm okay," She shrugged, subconsciously tugging her sleeves down to her palms.

"You sure?" He separated himself from her when he realized what he was doing. "Ya didn't have to do that back there,"

"I hate how people can say that stuff about others. He's just a worthless piece of shit, John," Charlotte made eye contact with him and lightly placed her hand on his cheek. "You don't believe what he said... do you?"

John brushed off her touch, feeling a blush rising to his face, at this, she frowned slightly. He hesitated before answering her.

"...Nah,"

John connected his hands behind his back and distanced himself from her. Charlotte sighed and sat on the curb, observing cars drive by. He plopped down next to her, a few inches away though. She didn't believe the lie he told her, so she looked at him and narrowed her eyes as if she could see into his mind.

"Why the hesitation?" Charlotte cocked her head to the side curtly, something John found cute.

"I said I don't!" John snapped, stiffening his jaw, but then he relaxed. "I'm sorry,"

The two friends sat on the curb, idly watching vehicles move past them. She shyly placed her hand over his, and he snapped his eyes to their hands. John went out on a limb and entwined their fingers together. They didn't look at each other as this happened, afraid that the other would see their blush.