⋄ Ⅴ ⋄

❝𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑, 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙,❞

...

| February 20th, 1965 |

Charlotte's POV

The group of friends arrived at the airport on schedule, leaving them a few more hours to sit and wait for the plane to pull up to the gate. And according to Brian's wise logic, "Early is on time, and on time is late,". Luckily for them, the hours went by quickly and they boarded their plane.

Like before in the limo, the four boys and Charlotte had their own reserved space, while Brian and the flight crew were sectioned off into the front of the plane. This gave the group a nice sense of privacy and tranquility. There was lots of room, but they decided to stick to one table at the back of the plane. Charlotte sat next to George, her taking the window seat, and George in the middle (he wanted to be close to her when the plane ran down the runway to hold her hand). This left Paul, John, and Ringo to sit on the other side of the two. John sat in the window seat, Paul took the middle, and Ringo sat in the aisle seat.

When the plane took off and it was subtly ascending, John retrieved a joint from his pocket as well as a lighter. He ignited the end of the stick and took a long drag from it, blowing smoke out of his nostrils. Charlotte was staring out the window as this happened, and when the cloud made contact with her nose, she coughed and waved her hand in front of her face.

"Sorry, I forgot," John apologized, passing the blunt to Paul.

"It's okay," Charlotte shrugged, she had to get used to it eventually.

Soon enough the entire table was engulfed in smoke and Charlotte felt the effects of the drug second-hand. John was giggling, Paul was grinning, Ringo was laughing, and George was smiling. Charlotte hadn't been breathing in too much of the smoke, but she was feeling a little woozy.

"You... alright there... Lotti?" John spoke between laughs.

"Yeah... I guess," Charlotte yawned.

"I got plenty more where this came from," He held up the now short stick between his index finger and his thumb.

"Nice, keep it to yourselves," She leaned her head against George.

"Oh but we wanna share with ya... we think you'd like this," Paul rubbed his red eyes.

"Really? I don't want bloodshot eyes and uncontrollable giggles," Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Oh but ya don't understand the real experience," The bassist spread his hands out and waved them in the air as if he was displaying an imaginary banner. "ya get a sudden rush of euphoria, it's like yer on top of the clouds lookin' down upon the little ants. And then—"

"Paul, I've been around weed before," She gave him a look. "my brother and his friend smoked every Friday when they would get together, I was around them and saw what happened to them,"

"Oh, sorry," Paul chuckled to himself.

"It's okay,"

"We're gonna be on this plane for two days, ya better get comfy," John stretched out.

"I think each one of these little table areas has got a bed," George looked around curiously.

"Great, because I'm looking forward to sleeping," Charlotte sighed.

"Awww c'mon, love," John pushed. "try it,"

The blunt in his hand approached her swiftly and she simply stared at it with an unreadable expression. John shook it in front of her, trying to get her to grab it from him. Reluctantly, she took it from in between his fingers and put it between her index and middle appendages like a cigarette.