⋄ ⅠⅤ ⋄

❝𝕽𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗, 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖜𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑, 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖜𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉,❞

...

| February 19th, 1965 |

Charlotte's POV

Charlotte stood in front of the doors to the room, her arms close to her side, and the tight red dress that hugged her body clung to her waist. She was extremely nervous, she wanted to make a good impression on the woman she looks up to and admires, but she doesn't want to seem weird and unnerving.

Luckily, George was beside her and he draped a comforting arm around her waist. He opened the door for Charlotte and led her inside. Two couches were set in the middle of the large room. Multiple giant windows on the walls cast a golden glow into the room, lighting the space.

A red-headed woman sat elegantly on one of the couches, smiling welcomingly when she saw the woman and her fiancé nearing her. George sat Charlotte down on the couch since she was frozen on the spot.

"It's lovely to meet you, Charlotte," Lesley nodded politely.

"Y—You too," She swallowed a lump in her throat.

"Sorry, she's nervous," George rubbed Charlotte's back in an attempt to calm her down.

"It's okay, so I'm curious, how did you meet George?"

"Well, one day my old childhood friend showed up to my door, Ringo actually, and he brought along George and the others," Charlotte explained.

"Oh, sounds lovely, tell me about yourself," The celebrity requested.

"My name is Carlotta Mulert, I'm Dutch, but I changed my name to Charlotte because it sounds more natural here. I grew up in Amsterdam until high school, when I moved here. That's when I met Ritchie, we became friends instantly, we also share the same birthday. I'm in college as well, majoring in Psychology. I aspire to be a Clinical Psychologist, it's one of my passions,"

"Oh wow, your life seems so interesting, especially with a famous band huh?" Lesley joked.

"Yeah, things get complicated at times," She thought of the situation between her and John earlier that year.

"Like how? If you don't mind me asking,"

"Well," Charlotte stuttered, she didn't want to reveal her affair with John, so she came up with something. "There's  complications with fame like if I want to take a nice peaceful walk in the park with George, we have to be careful for fans, it's weird for me, I've always been sort of in the spotlight, just not for something good..."

"What do you mean 'not for something good'?" The singer was curious, she couldn't help it.

"Well, uhmm, I was born with a rare disease," George traveled circles and ovals onto the small of her back. "It's called CIPA, an inability to feel pain and temperature,"

"Oh, I'm sorry about that," Lesley apologized, feeling bad for being curious.

"It's okay, here let me show you," Charlotte held out her arm. "Pinch me, as hard as you can,"

Lesley hesitantly reached forward and latched her nails onto her skin, pinching her. When she saw no change in facial expression of pain, she retracted her hand. The spot where she pierced the top layer of skin with her long nails revealed a small drop of blood.