Chapter 1 An "Important" Meeting

King Nathaniel, King Renevier, King Fred, and Prince Daniel were all by the garden at the back of Thalia. They were all waiting for a certain KING to arrive while they gathered in the Pavillion under the dark sky.

Their meeting is held secret, and none of their subject or assistants knows that they have left their kingdoms to head to Thalia. The reason for that was simple. King Ace sent them a letter via door-breaking-skin-pecking crows that wouldn't leave them alone until they agreed to meet with him - talk about the power of persuasion.

"Is his royal highness here yet?" Prince Daniel, twin brother of King Renevier, yawned as he asked the question for the fourth time.

"Brother, you already know the answer to that, so stop talking," Ren answered his twin. He did not mind waiting a bit because as much as he loves the Kingdom of Sanver, land of the beast-men, something about Thalia gives him a warm and comforting feeling.

It has been three years since the land was liberated from the late King Ferius and two years since he had been crowned king. With the absence of that rogue tyrant, everything has been peaceful, well, except for a few paperwork that he has to go through, especially since a few rogues were given pardons to return to their respective lands.

"You two never changed." King Nathaniel shook his head in amusement. His long red hair tied back into a ponytail swayed with the motion. "I wonder how you two live with each other as King and Advisor?"

"I'm starting to regret making him an advisor, to be honest." Ren sighed while casting an annoyed glance at his twin, "The only advice that he's giving me is to steal Rose from you know who."

Upon thinking that his friend had not moved on, King Fred placed a gentle hand on one of his shoulders and gave him a look of pity. "Don't worry, Ren. Time can heal all wounds - even though it's been three years already." Fred says, uttering the last words as if he were talking to himself.

Ren shook off his hand from his shoulder with a grunt, "I moved on already. It's my brother who still can't accept it!"

"Hey!" Dan pointed a finger at his twin, "I have worked so hard since the beginning, but what did you do? Nothing!"

"I wish King Ace were here now so he could hear you talking and murder you as we speak." Ren was getting tired, not because of waiting but because of his brother.

"No way. He wouldn't do that. Because if he did, Rose would get angry at him. And we all know what a big softie he is when it comes to Rose. So, as long as Rose and I are still friends, Ace can't touch me. In fact, I'd like to see him try and kill me." Dan arrogantly said and threw his head back to laugh. When he noticed that the others weren't joining him, he stopped and turned to see why his friends were quiet.

King Nate was braiding his hair with shaky hands, Ren was shuffling in his feet and trying to avoid eye contact with his twin, while Fred seemed to be looking at him with interest and amusement. But then he noticed that Fred's gaze wasn't totally directed towards him. It was aimed at something behind him. He gulped as a chilly feeling settled at the back of his neck.

"He's behind me, isn't he?" He asked to no one in particular.

"Prince Daniel Rutledge, I think I may need your resignation. Your resignation in life." As soon as he heard the King of the underworld's voice behind him, his first instinct was to run behind his older brother. But before he could manage that, vines wrapped around his torso and his mouth while he was being lifted up in the air. He wanted to scream, but it was impossible with the vines covering his mouth.

"Nice to see you, Ace. But I would appreciate it if you wouldn't kill my twin. Despite his looks, he's still my advisor after all." Ren stepped forward to greet the new King of Gija.