Chapter 5 Preparation

5: Preparation

"Are you for real? Do you seriously live in this place?!" After we kidnapped - I mean - 'transferred' Jen to our castle in Gija, I made sure that she stayed in one of our deluxe guest rooms. I also stayed by her side at all times, despite Ace's protest about our rescheduled date.

Yeah, my fiance wasn't happy that we had to postpone eating dinner together, but at least he understood in the end. After all, Jen is my planned bridesmaid, so there was nothing that he could do but wait until Jen agreed.

When Jen did wake up, I'm not going to lie that Stella and I had to stop her from jumping out of the window the moment she saw Custard looming over her to greet her. I thought it would be fine, and I hoped she would mistake Custard for a husky. But apparently, Jen was more intelligent than that, and she could immediately tell that he was a wolf.

Long story short, after dragging Jen back to her bed and having Stella freeze her to the spot, I called for backup. And by backup, I meant having food served in the room. If there was one language that she and I could agree on, it was food.

"Believe me, my sister being a future queen is harder to believe." Stella grinned, making Jen gawk at her before she turned to me. Then, she shook her head and gave herself a hard slap on her cheek.

"You know what? I think I might have figured that out when you started ordering servants. But you know what I am most surprised about? The fact that you two have magic! Since when was this? Did you two always have that? Why didn't you know about it? How did you two learn that you have magic?"

Stella and I exchanged glances as we realized this was going to be a very long story. In any case, we owed it to Jen, especially since she was going to be a part of our expanding family.

"It's going to be a very long story. Why don't you just pick up a copy of the book called five princes - you know what? I'm kidding." I chuckled. I cut off what I was going to say earlier when I saw the look that my sister, Custard, and Viex were giving me. "Jen, you might want to slow down on eating that food because it is going to be a very long story. And I do hope that you won't go to sleep because of it."

She scoffed. "Oh, please. The only one who sleeps during storytelling is you." Jen rolled her eyes at me. That comment made me furrow my gaze. I wanted to take that as an insult, but then again, it's kind of true, so I can't really say anything that would contradict it without lying.

Stella and I began to take turns on telling Jen the whole story of how I got here and the whole truth about me disappearing and reappearing with Stella. The look on Jen's face was hilariously changing as we continued. There was even a point when she absentmindedly started feeding Custard the desserts instead of herself during the whole period that we talked. At some point, we even have to show her our powers to make her believe the entire thing was real.

At the end of the story, Jen seemed sick that she lay down on her bed with a heavy sigh. "I swear. If Stella wasn't with you and I hadn't seen your magic, I don't think that I would even believe you. Not to mention the fact that you skipped aging five years! How crazy is that!?"
"Trust me," I mumbled. "It's not easy to accept, especially when your sister is nearing her teenage years by the time that I saw her." Looking back, it wasn't a good memory, so I started to shake my head, so I could diminish the thought. "Anyway, Jen. What do you say? Will you become my maid-of-honor?" I changed the gloomy subject into a happier one and gazed at my best friend with a hopeful look.

Instead of a massive and joyous 'yes,' Jen simply gave me a suspicious glance. "If I agree, there's no condition or ritual that says that the maid of honor is going to become a live sacrifice, right?" She asked me dubiously.