Chapter 3 The Proposal

Chapter 3 - The Proposal

"GraAaAaAhh!" I couldn't stop the scream that left my lungs the moment when Viex and I were clutching onto Custard for dear life when he began to leap through cliffs. All along the way, I had to close my eyes because of all the frightening and heart-dropping situations that Custard made us go through.

I didn't even realize that we had stopped until my wolf familiar called for me.

'Master, we're here.' Custard announced, and when it looked like I wasn't going to move, I heard him lick his lips guilty. I assume that he must have seen my weakened state at the moment, 'O-Okay, master. If you want to sleep then you can.'

I felt Viex coming to my side and poking my cheek, 'Princess, are you alive?'

"Barely..." I responded lifelessly. "I feel like I'm going to throw up all the desserts that I ate earlier."

'See what you did here, mutt? You made the princess sick!'

'You said you guys were in a hurry so I thought you guys picked me because I know a lot of shortcuts!' Custard says to defend himself.

'We picked you so the princess wouldn't have to exhaust her magic and get her power drunk for her date. But look at her! She looked like Ace dumped her.'

I gasped and suddenly sat up. "Ace will dump me?! I knew it!"

'Princess, it was just a figure of speech.' Viex told me with his eyes narrowing tiredly when he looked in my direction. 'There's no way that he would dump you.'

"You don't know that," I muttered grumpily and hugged Custard's back in comfort. "He's being distant these days and he's always being so secretive."

'Don't be sad, master. Viex and I have no idea when, but master Ace might propose to you soon.' I heard a loud smack and a yelp coming from Custard when Viex slapped him.

"What?" I looked up in surprise.

'What?' Viex repeated sternly. 'You heard him wrong, princess. He says proposition and not proposal.'

'But that's not what we-' Before Custard could finish his sentence, Viex poked Custard's eyes with his tail so he couldn't finish what he was about to say.

"A proposition? Like a business proposition?" I asked. "What kind? To be his adviser while he goes and marries another girl?" I rolled my eyes when I suddenly paused as a thought occurred to me. I gasped and immediately sat up straight. "Oh no. Don't tell me that he's going to make a business proposition to me because he wants to have another capable queen by his side!"

'HE IS?! How dare he!' Even Custard gasped at my thought, but he was the only one who earned another slap from Viex. 'Hey! Viex, that was the third one!'

'You two are the perfect example of how a tamer and familiar share similar traits with each other. You both are idiots!' He hissed. 'Can the two of you stop it with this nonsense?! And princess!' I flinched in fear when Viex turned to look in my direction. 'Shouldn't you go and fix yourself before you head into the restaurant?!'

"Hmm? Not really." I answered while getting down from Custard's back. "Ace and I are going to my favorite dinner. And because no one is supposed to know who we are, a simple dress and a hood would suffice."

'Viex, I don't get it. Is Ace going to propose or is he breaking up with master?' Upon his question, Viex attempted to slap him, but this time, Custard dodged his attack and snickered. Unfortunately, Custard forgot that Viex has several tails at his disposal and he got caught by Viex's second tail. 'Ow!'