The next morning, Meredith was in the ambulance, being transported to Grey Sloan. She still hasn't gained consciousness since, but Dr Harper wasn't worried.

Derek held her hand the whole time they were in the ambulance and stood up when they arrived at Grey Sloan.

"Derek." Bailey said with a sad smile as they carefully got Meredith out of the ambulance. She winced at the bruises and the bandage on her head.

"Hey." Derek replied, watching the gurney. "She's going to be okay. I flew in Koracick last night so she has the best neurosurgeon working on her." Bailey said.

"Thank you." Derek answered, running a stressed hand through his hair. "She's one of ours. She'll be taken care of." Dr Bailey assured, leading him into the hospital.

"Shepherd. What happened?" Alex Karev barked as he saw Meredith on the gurney. "Car accident last night." Derek replied.

"Is she gonna be okay? Is she why Koracick is here? What the hell happened?" Alex asked protectively. Meredith was like his little sister, and he hated to see her in pain or hurt.

"Depressed skull fracture. Assuming she doesn't have any lasting affects, she should be okay. But we don't know for sure. Now stop yelling at the man, he hasn't slept in a day." Bailey replied sternly.

They got Meredith settled into the neuro ICU and Tom checked her out. "Harper at Seattle Pres did a good job on the surgery. There's no way to tell if there will be lasting Affects, but it looks okay right now. How long has it been since surgery?" Tom asked, flipping through her chart.

"Um....I think almost 14 hours." Derek replied. The neurosurgeon looked exhausted. The dark bags under his eyes and the messy hair was a dead give away.

"Okay, so she still has plenty of time to wake up. Go take a nap, shepherd. You look horrible." Tom said. "No-"

"Now, Derek. We will keep an eye on her." Bailey voiced. "Okay. If she wakes up, wake me." He said. "We will."

••••

After Derek went to an on call room, Bailey and Tom were still examining Meredith. "What's the chance she could develop some kind of brain disorder?" Bailey asked.

"I'd say 25, 30%." Tom replied. "I hope it doesn't come to that. That's the last thing this girl deserves." Bailey sighed.

"We won't know until she wakes up. But if she does, we'll handle it. I'm the best neurosurgeon in the world. I'm not worried." Tom said arrogantly.

"Normally I would yell at you for being so cocky, but it's true right now. Meredith is one of our own. She has to be okay." Bailey replied with a sigh.

"I'll make sure she is." Tom said in a surprisingly soft tone.

Tom continued examining Meredith for a little bit when he saw her hand move. "She's waking up. Bailey, go get Shepherd." Tom said.

Bailey did so, and soon after a disheveled looking Derek came running into the room. Meredith mumbled something incoherent and moved slightly in the bed.

"Mer." Derek said softly, grabbing her hand. "Meredith, I need you to open your eyes. You're at Grey Sloan." Tom said loudly.

Meredith slowly opened her eyes and winced at the light. "Hi Mer. Hi." Derek said, tears forming in his eyes. "Lights." Meredith whispered.

"I'll turn them off in a second, Meredith. I need to do a few tests first." Tom said. "Do you know who I am?" He asked. "Tom." She whispered in response.

"Good. Him?"

"Derek. And Bailey to the right. I know. I'm aware and conscious." Meredith said with a small smirk. "Oh, thank god." Derek said with a relieved laugh. Meredith smiled slightly but her eyes drooped.

"Sleep." Bailey said gently. "Okay." Meredith mumbled, her eyes shutting once again. "So she's okay, right? Nothing lasting or anything." Bailey asked.

"Everything looked fine for now." Tom assured. "Good. I have to go do some paperwork for the transfer and I'm pretty sure the police need a report. Can one of you stay here?" Derek asked.

"I will." Alex volunteered as he stepped into the room. "Thank you."

•••

A few hours later, Amelia got to the hospital, leaving Callie with the kids. "Hey, your awake!" Ameli exclaimed, relief slipping out of her tone as she stepped into her sisters room, where Derek was talking to her with a smile on his face.

"I'm awake." Meredith replied, her voice tired. "How are the kids?" She asked anxiously. "They're fine. Zo was upset you guys weren't there last night but we cuddled and she fell asleep." Amelia responded.

"Good. Thank you." Meredith said. "Yeah, thank you." Derek voiced up. "Anytime. Zola and Bailey have a run for my favorite niece and nephew." She joked.

"They are the favorites. They're my children." Derek said with a laugh. "Mer, do you have any other nieces or nephews?" Amelia asked, looking at her sister.

Meredith did not respond. She was just staring blankly in front of her. "Mer?" Derek asked, his brow furrowed in concern.

Suddenly, her body starting shaking uncontrollably, her eyes rolling back into her head. "Get her on her side. Tom!" Amelia ordered, moving Meredith onto her side. "What the hell?" Tom boomed as he ran into the room.

"She's seizing." Derek said. "I can see that. Someone get me diazepam now!" Tom said calmly. He quickly administered the drug and Meredith's body stopped convulsing.

"Pupils are slow but equal and reactive. Get me a CT now. Could be a slow bleed." Tom ordered. Derek stood back, terrified. Watching his wife seize was not something he ever wanted to see again.

"Don't freak out yet. We don't know what's going on yet." Bailey said softly. Although on the inside, she was really worried for her intern.

But no matter what it was, they would handle it.

Because Meredith was family.

Hey guys!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading!!