A few days later, Meredith was up and about on her crutches. Dr Harper had started her up on a ton of different medications. At first, they made Meredith feel funny. But now, her body was adjusting and it was better.

She hadn't had a day without the seizure, yet. She had at least one full body tonic clonic seizure each day, but the rest were absent Seizures, which felt like a win to her.

Dr Harper explained that the tonic clonic seizures would happen if she was tired or stressed or something like that, which made sense. Luckily, sitting in a hospital didn't cause much stress.

Absence seizures, on the other hand, could happen for a number of reasons. They could happen out of the blue, from anxiety or stress, flashing lights, and all types of stuff.

"Meredith, hey. Good to see you up!" Dr Harper exclaimed as he saw her and Derek walking down the hallway. "Hi." Meredith replied with a Smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. Meredith opened her mouth to respond, but froze. "Mer?" Derek asked, putting his arm around her waist.

"Meredith?" He repeated. "She's having a seizure." Dr Harper said gently. "I know." Derek sighed in response, watching his wife just stare out into the distance.

A few minutes later, Meredith snapped out of her trance. "Where- what's going on?" Meredith asked, trying to get an idea of where she was. One affect of absence seizures was confusion afterwards.

"We were just walking to get some lunch." Derek explained, rubbing her back softly. Meredith nodded and closed her eyes for a moment.

"I can bring it back to your room, if you want." He offered. "No, no. Let's go. Oh. Hi Dr Harper." Meredith said, noticing the doctor once again.

"Hi. You okay?" Dr Harper asked. "Yes. Sorry about that." Meredith chuckled nervously. "No worries. Have a good lunch. I'll be in to check on you later." He replied, nodding and walking away.

The two of them arrived at the cafeteria. "You sit here. What do you want?" He asked, kissing her cheek quickly. "Mac and cheese." Meredith grinned.

"You and Zola are the same people." Derek laughed before walking off.

He came back and placed a bowl of Mac and cheese in front of her before sitting down himself with his Caesar salad.

"I want to go home. I'm sick of this food. Like, mac and cheese is good, but here just tasted like noodles and watery sauce." Meredith groaned.

"I'm sorry. But on the bright side, Dr Harper said you could leave probably in the next few days." Derek replied sympathetically.

"Thank god. Hey, how are the kids? Are they with Alex right now?" Meredith asked, perking up. "Yeah. Want me to call him, ask if he can drop them off?" Derek asked.

"Yes. I miss my babies." She replied with a sigh.

•••

After lunch, the two of them went back to their room and waited for Alex.

Everyone at Grey Sloan knew about Meredith's accident by now. She had had visitors mostly everyday. Alex, bailey, Richard, and all of her friends.

Cristina had also called after Alex told her what happened. She checked in on Mer Almost daily. Even in different countries, they were still each other's person.

"Mama!" Zolas voice exclaimed as the little girl ran over. "Hi baby!" Meredith grinned as her daughter struggled to climb on to the bed.

Derek helped her up as Alex walked into the room. "Hey Mer. Shepherd." Alex said with a smile. "Hey. Thanks for watch them. And bringing them, Alex." Meredith said genuinely.

"No problem. They like their Uncle Alex time, isn't that right Zo?" Alex grinned as he handed bailey off to Derek.

"We gets ice cream!" Zola informed happily. "Oh, really?" Meredith asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at Alex, who smiled sheepishly.

"I gotta run. Do you need me to take them tonight?" Alex asked. "No, I'll stay with them tonight.  Thanks, Karev." Derek replied, patting his shoulder.

"No problem. See you later, Mer." Alex said before leaving the room. "Mama, when you coming home?" Zola asked as she laid on top of her mother.

"In a few days, baby. Miss me?" Meredith teased, ticking her daughters side. Zola giggled and Derek smiled at the scene.

"You have a lot of energy. Did uncle Alex give you ice cream this morning?" Meredith asked suspiciously. "No...." Zola trailed off, looking guilty.

"Zola, are you lying?" Derek chimed in with a smirk. "No. He gived us chocolate! Not ice cream." Zola said, her cheeks turning red slightly.

"Remind me to give Uncle Alex a smack next time we see him." Meredith said with a smile as she looked over when Bailey started fussing.

"Bring him here." Meredith said softly. Derek stood up and placed the boy into her arms. "Hi, buddy." Meredith cooed to the one year old.

"Mama." Bailey babbled as he looked into her eyes. "Did you have fun with Uncle Alex? Huh?" Meredith asked in a high pitched voice.

"Ya!" Bailey exclaimed happily. "Good." She replied, kissing his forehead. "Smile." Derek said, standing at the end of her bed with his phone out.

He took a picture and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Mama, we stay here tonight?" Zola asked hopefully. "That won't be very comfy, Zo Zo." Meredith replied with a sympathetic smile.

"Please. I miss you." The little girl pleaded. She looked to Derek, who shrugged. "I can bring them to an on call room. Or make the couch a bed." Derek offered.

"Okay, Zo. You can stay here." Meredith smiled, kissing her forehead. "Yay!" Zola clapped, curling into her mother.

PLEASE COMMENT IDEAS

Hey guys!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading!!