Two days later, Meredith was finally being discharged from the hospital.

The seizures were somewhat under control. She was still having at a minimum of 3 absence seizures a day, but the full body seizures weren't really happening unless triggered.

Her leg of course would take at least a few weeks to heal, but that wasn't their biggest concern.

"Alright Grey. Ready to go home?" Bailey asked as she came into the room with Dr Nelson. "Yup." Meredith replied, plopping herself down in a wheelchair.

"Okay. Obviously take it easy on that leg, you don't want to overwork yourself." Bailey said. "Here's a journal. I want you to keep track of every seizure, absent or full body with the date, time, and how long it lasts." Dr Nelson explained, giving Derek a notebook.

"As you know, the absence seizures will be more common than full body seizures, but still take them just as seriously. Other than that, you're good to go. If you have any concerns, bring her in." Nelson said with a nod.

"Thank you, Jim." Derek replied gratefully as he began pushing Meredith out of the room. "The kids are very excited to see you. Amy's watching them at home." He said as they walked outside.

"Good. I miss them." Meredith replied softly.

•••

Derek drove home and Meredith did not have a seizure, thankfully. He helped her out of the car, and then into the house where she was greeted with squeals of joy.

"Mama!" Zola yelled excitedly as she ran to Meredith. "Hi baby girl!" Meredith replied, a big smile on her face and she opened her arms.

Zola climbed on to her lap and threw her arms around her mom. "I missed you so much, ZoZo." Meredith said, kissing her forehead.

"Mama not sick anymore?" Zola asked. "No, I'm not sick anymore. Where's your brother?" Meredith answered. "Right here. Just dealt with a huge diaper blowout." Amelia said, a happy Bailey in her arms.

"Hi baby boy." Meredith said in a High pitched voice as she reached her arms out. Derek switched places and took Zola in his arms.

"How have they been?" Meredith asked, looking at her sister in law. "Good. Those kids have a lot of energy." Ameli replied With a smile.

"Tell me about it." Derek scoffed. "Let's let mama sit down now, okay?" He asked. "But she is sitting down." Zola said smartly.

"On the couch, Zola." Derek corrected himself. He handed  Meredith her crutches and she made her way over to the couch.

"Are you hungry, Mer? We made some pancakes this
Morning." Amelia offered. "Please. Hospital food is terrible." Meredith replied with a laugh.

"You feeling okay? You need anything? Water, blanket, are you-" Derek started, fluffing the pillows around her, obviously in clear protective husband mode.

Meredith smiled softly. "I'm fine, Derek. Sit down." She said, Patting the couch next to her. "Mer-"

"Derek Christopher, sit down now." She said in her voice that she only used towards the kids. And Derek when she was mad or needed to make a point.

Derek sat down next to her and put his arm around her shoulders. "Hi Bails." Derek said to Bailey, who was in Meredith's lap. He tickled his stomach, making bailey laugh.

"Here's your pancakes mama!" Zola squealed as she ran into the living room, Amelia behind her with a plate. "I missed you two so much." Meredith said with a grin, as she smelt the pancakes.

Zola hopped up onto the couch and Amelia handed Meredith the plate. "I told Owen I would work today since you two are here. You guys good?"

"Yeah, we're good. Thank you Amy." Derek replied, giving his sister a warm smile. "No problem. Call if you need anything." She answered, leaving the house.

"Daddy?" Zola asked. "Yes?"

"Last night, Aunite Amelia was tellin' us all about Clifford! You know what that is?" Zola asked. "The dog?" Derek replied.

"Yeah! Can we gets a Clifford?" She questioned enthusiastically. "You want a dog?"

"Yes! Please!"

Derek looked at Meredith with an unsure expression. "Daddy and I will talk about it, Zo." Meredith stepped in.

"How about for now we just relax? Mommy needs to get some rest." Derek suggested, changing the subject.

"Mommy?" Zola asked. No answer.

Derek looked over at Meredith and saw her just staring once again.

"Mommy?"

"Give her a minute, Zo. Mommy's brain is just taking a power nap." Derek said, explaining absence seizures in the most kid like way he could think of.

"Why?" Zola asked, being the curious kid she was. "You just have to give her a minute, Zo." Derek said with a sympathetic smile, ignoring her question.

•••

Later that night, the two of them were in bed together for the first time in a few weeks. "You know, I was thinking about what Zola said about a dog earlier." Derek said.

"We aren't home enough for a dog." She said quietly. "I know, but I've been thinking about if you have a full body seizure and no one was around, that would be really dangerous. Then I thought of a service dog, trained to detect seizures and stuff like that. Think about it, we could kill two birds with one stone." Derek explained.

Meredith thought about it for a second. "It's not a bad idea, but I can't really bring a dog to work." She said.

"Oh, I bet you could. It's a medical thing. Obviously, it would go into the OR with you or anything, but I'm sure Owen would allow it in the ER and stuff like that." Derek reasoned.

"We can check with Owen tomorrow. If he says yes, then that's probably a good idea." Meredith decided, curling into his arms.

"Okay." Derek whispered, kissing her head gently.

PLEASE COMMENT IDEAS

Hey guys!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters, feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading!!