Chapter 14 - Recapturing Memories Adrift

.

[A/N: 22/12/2021

Hi all! Happy holidays! an update as a pre-Christmas present to those who continue to show love to this kinda favorite story of mine. a couple more chapters and we will finally meet the end lol... thank you so much for reading and voting and showing this story appreciation. I am so grateful to you guys. also pardon if there are inconsistencies and grammar error thingys, i was half asleep writing this... again lol. Thank you again so much and may you have a happy holiday season filled with joy and fun and laughter. stay safe! be well! much love <333  - ice]

"Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean, Tears from the depths of some devine despair Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes, In looking on the happy autumn fields, And thinking of the days that are no more

Tears from the depths of some devine despair
Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes,
In looking on the happy autumn fields,
And thinking of the days that are no more."

― Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Schematic Dish—what?!" Yuta exploded, extremely irritated.

"Thematic type of dissociative amnesia," corrected Ahnji with the patience of a kindergarten school teacher.

"What kind of fucking amnesia is it that Jungwoo remembers even me, as his boss, but not Taeyong? This is insane!" Yuta clamored.

"It's amnesia caused by severe stress from traumatic experiences like in Jungwoo's case, the accident caused by that woman and seeing Taeyong thrown off a cliff." Ahnji added wonderingly, "but it is indeed strange that he remembers us but specifically not Taeyong. His injury was not as grave as it seemed but..."

"But he was shot in the head...? And please that was no fucking accident. The bitch tried to kill both our friends," Yuta added, still trying to make a sense out of the situation.

"The bullet grazed his head, near the temple, yes. But the doctors said there was no obvious permanent damage on the brain and the skull merely had a hairline fracture. Let's thank God that the idiot of a woman was really a very bad shot," muttered Ahnji with a snort."Where is she anyway? I need to feed her to a wood chipper."

"Get in line. The police said 'at large'," Yuta said while rolling his eyes obviously upset the police have not yet caught Chaera. "It's been over two weeks since it happened, almost three and they still have no news. Like she disappeared with the wind. She should be slapped in jail for two counts of attempted murder."

"Well, at the very least Jungwoo is now awake after being comatose since that day," Ahnji said, shaking her head throwing a glance at Taeyong. "And Taeyong here also survived, notwithstanding his grave injuries."

"Grave doesn't even begin to describe it. That huge bump in his head that almost split his skull, two fractured ribs, his right leg broken in three places, broken left arm not including scratches and bruises and..."