22

Having concluded their search of the Jones residence, it was decided by both groups, that if there was any new information to be had on the investigation they were to meet at the Dunland residence to discuss the results of any and all searches. Making it a headquarters of sorts. Once the details of this had been discussed with Sam Jones, Dunland's group then left to begin their own investigations into who might be behind Santino's framing, but keeping near in mind the notion that it could in fact be their Commander himself. While Connie on the other hand, decided it might be a good idea to return to IP headquarters to discuss their findings with Santino, and see if he had any incite to offer.

Everything seemed normal at first, until she arrived at the holding area. The first thing that confused her, was the fact that there was only one guard posted at the gate, which was currently unlocked, and it was neither Angus nor Stephan, but rather it was Nathan, a much smaller fellow only slightly taller than Connie herself. 'Why would they put Nathan on guard? There's no way he would be qualified enough to guard someone like Santino... and why is the gate wide open?' she wondered as she approached the guard station where Nathan was sitting on a stool, looking over some information on a tablet.

"Um, excuse me," she said as she stood beside him.

Nathan looked up from his tablet with an unamused expression as he asked, "Can I help you with something?"

"Uh, yeah," Connie replied, a look of growing annoyance and confusion on her face as she said, "Firstly, I'd like to know why this gate was left wide open, and secondly I'm here to visit my friend."

Nathan looked at her still with the same straight face as he replied, "In response to your first question, the gate is wide open, cause there's currently no one back there to guard. So there is little point to me even being here other than to make sure someone is always at this station."

Connie scoffed slightly at Nathan's behavior as she furrowed her brows in confusion saying, "So if there's no one back there, then where did they move the prisoner?"

"Well you see," he began as he spun around on his stool so he could lean his back against the desk, "There was a bit of an incident here last night, and the prisoner was injured. We had to transfer him to the medical wing."

"Medical wing! What happened?!" Connie asked, her anxiety rising. 'Santino has been injured? How badly? Is he okay?'

"I'll let the meatheads that let it happen explain that one to you. They're guarding him over in the medical wing," he replied with a nod of the head in the direction of the medical wing, before adding, "I'm sure you can find your way," before turning back around on his chair and returning to whatever it was he'd been doing on his tablet.

Connie offered the guard one final frown of annoyance before shaking her head slightly and turning to begin making her way over to the medical wing of the building, which luckily wasn't that far away, just in case stuff like this ever happened where prisoners got injured in some way and required immediate medical assistance. It also served as a place for IP's to get patched up when they returned from missions, assuming their group didn't have a med of their own like Dunland's group did.

Her concern for Santino's well being, forced Connie to increase her walk to a brisk one that gradually increased until she was running full tilt towards the medical area of the building. She ran straight past the front desk of the medical wing, as she quickly began scanning every bed she came across as she attempted to locate her friend, causing a few of the staff to raise their brows in question for a moment or two before they figured out for themselves what she was likely about. There were a few other IP's in the med wing being treated for various injuries, but as far as she could tell, no prisoners as of yet.