𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍, 𝕾𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 2

"Will you be okay?" Inhyuk asked, and I can sense the concern in his voice

"Will you be okay?" Inhyuk asked, and I can sense the concern in his voice. If I didn't know any better, I would be the one to jump between the fight and stop the brutal match.

But I know that this has to go on. Jiwoo can do it!

He stood proud as he didn't budge from his stance. "Yes. I can still fight."

Inhyuk looks confused as he's probably thinking about how Jiwoo managed to endure and even survive Jisuk's attack. The expression on his face tells me that he also has the urge to test the protagonist's powers.

Meanwhile, Jisuk looks just as baffled. That sweat rolling down the side of his face fits just right with that shocked and almost in denial expression. But in just a blink, he's back to his usual facade as he prepared another attack.

Ofcourse, no matter how much of an ass this dude is, he's still smart enough to figure out Jiwoo's tactics. Now I'm nervous about fighting him in the future.

Lifting his right arm, wind suddenly whirled around. Right, he's thinking of attacking hard and increasing his speed. If my memory serves me right, Inhyuk will try to put a stop to this match.

Looking at him, I saw him close his eyes. "That will be enough for now." Bingo. K and I stared at him as he announced that, which also earned the attention of the two awakeners in the middle of their match.

"I have concluded that it will be too dangerous to continue, and that will be all for today."

Even Kayden perked up at the words announced by the latter. "Damn." I felt a shiver ran down my spine when the tabby cat suddenly glared at me. Why is he glaring at me as if I'm the one at fault here?

I made hand gestures to ask if  he wants me to intervene and make sure the match continues, but he just stared at me. Just what is wrong—wait, did he find out I skipped a day of my daily push ups?

"If it's because of me, I can still continue!" Before I can even panic, I put my attention back to Jiwoo who insisted, looking determined to see this match through the end. However, the older awakener looks worried to let him be.

"Jiwoo, you've done extremely well. You've surprised me. You're a way better awakened than I expected." Well, that's because he technically is one of the best! "However, if you can continue, you'll be hurt severely."

"He's not wrong." I scoffed, arms crossed at the sudden pause to the match. Jiyoung stood silently on the side, but I'm sure she'll step in later. And then here's K, who just listened intently as he patiently waited for the match to either resume or end here.

I wonder what runs in that silly mind of his. He can read others thoughts, but we can't even tell what he's thinking of. Come to think of it, doesn't he have double abilities? Why am I just thinking of it right now at random times?

"What are you looking at?" K shot me a side eye glance when I forgot I'm actually staring at him enough to put holes on his face. His forehead creased and I'm sure he frowned underneathe the mask. "The way you look at me is nasty."