05 ━ disclosed

━

CHAPTER FIVE
Disclosed

HARLEY NERVOUSLY SCRATCHED at her hands. She was stood in the hallway of the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital with Scott and Stiles standing in front of her, waiting for her to say something.

Harley tapped her foot impatiently on the ground. "For the last time, I wasn't talking to anyone!"

Stiles aggressively gestured to Scott. "He heard you!"

"How could he have heard me?" Harley challenged, counting on their need to keep Scott's supernatural identity a secret. "You two weren't in the room yet."

"Ha!" Stiles exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at her. "So you admit you were talking!"

"And you admit Scott has some kind of super hearing ability?"

"Wha– no– I..." Stiles stammered.

Scott shook his head before he held his hand out, his brown eyes looking at her in assurance. "Harley, you can trust us. We're not gonna hurt you."

Harley bit her lip. She knew who Scott was. She knew the kind of person he was. Derek's words the other day echoed in her head. If this Alpha pack really wanted something to do with her, she needed people who weren't her father, cousin or – well – dead. And Scott seemed like a good person to start with.

"Fine! I wasn't talking to anyone who you can see or talk to or... is alive." Harley said, looking at the floor tentatively before she met Stiles' eyes.

He was looking at her in confusion, his lips pursed and his eyebrows furrowed. After a second, his face shifted as he finally understood what she was telling them.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." He said sarcastically, scratching his temple. "I don't believe this."

"He has fangs, claws, and glowing yellow eyes." Harley pointed out as she gestured to Scott. "And you don't believe this?"

"You know?" Scott exclaimed as his jaw dropped. "And believe what?"

"Harley here seems to have a gift." Stiles informed. "For the sixth sense. Am I right?"

That wasn't the entire story but she didn't want to get into it now. Harley shrugged. "Sure, let's go with that." A loud scream erupted from down the hallway and the girl flinched.