06 ━ the dark

━

CHAPTER SIX
The Dark

IT HAD BEEN a few days since Harley had revealed her secret to Scott and Stiles and in those few days, she had avoided the two. She didn't need to be accused of being an evil murderer.

The girl walked to her locker at the high school only to see Allison stood by their lockers, but hers wasn't open. She was standing with her back to it, looking around. She was waiting for her.

"I'm guessing Scott told you." Harley said as she walked towards the Hunter.

Allison perked up when she saw Harley and nodded. "He might have mentioned it. Don't worry. I, uh, won't say anything."

"I guess I have no choice but to trust you." Harley said jokingly as she opened her locker.

Allison smiled before it dropped. She bit her lip like she was holding back from saying something... or asking something.

Harley knew what she was going to ask before she had the chance to do it. "Your mother is no longer here. She moved on. I did meet her, though. And she did mention that her daughter is strong."

A ghost of a smile appeared on Allison's face. "Thanks, Harley." Harley nodded in response. "Hey, would you, um, ever want to hang out with Lydia and I sometime?"

"We don't... have to talk about the supernatural all the time, do we?"

Allison laughed lightly. "No, no, we don't."

"Thank God."

Harley had a free period before the day ended and she went to the bathroom before leaving. She looked in the mirror. She looked exhausted. She should have put more make up on that morning.

She stared at herself for a while, remembering what she had done multiple times in the summer. Double checking no one was around, she closed her eyes and focused. She pulled at the darkness in her mind and held on to it. She opened her eyes and appearance almost flickered in the mirror like it was playing on a screen. She looked down at the sink and back up at her reflection and what was staring back at her wasn't her– or at least the human version of her. It was a skeletal figure with a dark hood of darkness.

Her breathing grew ragged as she looked at herself. She didn't just look like a skeleton with a cloak thrown over her head. There was darkness around her and her eye sockets were hollowed and grey. She looked eerie. She looked like death. This was the half of her she had spent her lifetime trying to forget was there.

Shaking her head, Harley flickered her appearance back to human and went to leave the bathroom only for the door to slam shut with a BANG!.

"What the he—"