18 ━ kidnapped

━

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
Kidnapped

HARLEY WASN'T EXPECTING a nice and warm reunion with her father but she wasn't expecting him to glare at her the way he was doing right now with a look she only saw when she was twelve. Disappointment.

"I'm sorry." Harley said quietly as she looked at the floor. "But you were going to die, Dad."

"Then you should have let me." Joe fired and Harley immediately looked at him with indignation. "You put people at risk, Harley. You put your cousin at risk. You put yourself at risk."

"How could you even say that? I'm fine." Harley assured. "I heal. You don't. I'm half Reaper, remember? You're the human here. I'm more capable than you think!"

Joe shook his head. "Don't give me that, Harley. This isn't about what I may think you are capable of because you're the strongest person I know. I know you're capable of more than most people. This is about you being irresponsible and reckless!"

"Again, what is irresponsible about wanting to save my dad? Everyone else wou–"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!" Joe suddenly exploded making Harley jump. Joe never yelled, especially not at her. Never at her. "You almost died! I'm the parent, Harley. It's my god damn job to keep you safe! Do you understand that?!"

"No, I don't!" Harley bellowed back. "I wasn't just going to let you die. I didn't care about what I had to do. Why isn't anyone understanding that?"

"Listen to me, kid, never put yourself at danger for me. Never. You're seventeen! You're just a kid! You're m–" Joe paused as he took a shaky breath in. "You're my kid. My daughter! I am not outliving you. Do you understand that?"

"But–"

"Do you understand that?!"

Harley may have been half Reaper with supernatural powers and strength but she was a daughter first and foremost. She grit her teeth and averted eye contact with her father, not wanting to give him that satisfaction. "Yeah, I understand that." She grumbled.

"Good." Joe said sternly. "Now go to bed!" He demanded before he turned on his heel and strode out of her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Now go to bed." Harley mocked in a high pitched voice as she angrily peeled her comforter back. "Maybe I should have left him there."

Just when Harley got comfortable in bed, her phone buzzed. She yelled into her pillow before looking at her phone.

ALLISON: I'm outside your house. Lydia got the same feeling, she's at the school. Stiles said it's an emergency.

Sighing, Harley climbed out of bed. If Lydia got the same feeling then that meant that there was another dead body. As much as she wanted to Harley couldn't stay out of it anymore. Her conscience wouldn't let her. She cringed at the thought, she had been hanging around Scott and Stiles too much that they were starting to rub off on her.