11 ━ the suicide motel

━

CHAPTER ELEVEN
The Suicide Motel

(tw: suicide talk and attempts — please read with caution and if you do not feel comfortable with reading, please feel free to skip this chapter)

          "STILINSKI, FOR THE last time, it does not look like a whale." Harley groaned as she walked off the bus holding Stiles' attempt at an origami whale. "It looks more like a rectangle with a bit of extra paper stuck to it."

"You know, teachers try other approaches like empathy and compassion. You should give it a go." Stiles suggested.

Harley shrugged. "I prefer brutal honesty and tough love."

"There was not one ounce of love in your previous statement." Stiles remarked.

"Well, that's just a matter of opinion. And yours just happens to be wrong." Harley chuckled.

"It's a whale!" Stiles exclaimed.

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it's not!" All of Scott, Allison, Isaac, and Lydia chorused, tired of their bickering.

Harley smiled as she raised her eyebrows at him, see.

Stiles glared at his friends. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

Harley froze abruptly when she saw all the ghosts lingering outside the motel which in itself was creepy and depressing. If it weren't for the bright neon blue and pink MOTEL GLEN CAPRI sign, Harley was sure it would have camouflaged into the desert.

All of the ghosts had wounds Harley could tell were self inflicted. There was a man in his late 40s stood by a pick up truck with a bullet hole between his eyes and a woman in her early 30s holding a baby by the metal stairs leading up to the second floor. Harley's stomach twisted. She felt like throwing up. What kind of hell hole had they stepped into?

"I've seen worse." Scott said as he looked at the motel.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles quipped.

Coach blew his whistle. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a buch of degenerates like yourselves." He held up multiple keys. "You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely."