The Unfortunate Incident

"You know, I actually kind of liked it." Wally took a bite of what had to be his sixth chocolate bar for the evening, and glanced at his best friend. "I mean, sure, the acting on the main girl's part was pretty weak, and they totally overdid all the explosions, but a) she was hot, and b) explosions isn't the worst kind of stuff they overdo in Hollywood, if you know what I mean."

"I guess not; still, the whole alien invasion thing's getting pretty old. I feel the plot's just not original enough. And, dude, you've got to admit she'd be hotter if she actually had apersonality."

Wally nodded a bit, humming at that; he appreciated ladies, but preferably ladies with depth and good character development. He nudged Dick with a smirk. "Hey, look at the bright side, Robs; we got to laugh at all the bad effects!"

Dick grinned, and snickered in agreement as they made their way towards Wally's uncle's house. True; the movie had been a complete disappointment, but spending time with Wally never was. Said redhead's parents were out for the weekend. Wally had told him it had been years since Mary and Rudy had gone on a vacation to bond, and at first Wally had been glad that his father was taking that kind of initiative to be with his mom, but the speedster had soon overheard Rudy telling one of his friends from work that it was their marriage counsellor's idea, not his own. His old man had just decided to take the honour for the nice thought.

Frankly, it didn't surprise Dick at all. He'd been Wally's best friend for years. He knew what the older boy's father was like.

Wally hadn't found it in himself to care; he'd simply looked forward to staying at Uncle Barry's for the weekend. Well, technically, Barry wasn't, legally, his uncle anymore, but he was still his mentor and he and Iris remained close friends, so he doubted he'd ever stop calling him 'Uncle'.

Of course, Wally's parents thought he'd be staying home alone, but Barry had invited him over and maybe he had not told Barry that his father didn't want Wally to hang around his mentor outside of the Kid Flash… stuff, but what they didn't know didn't hurt them, and it was unfair of his father to deny him to see Barry. Together with his aunt or not, Barry would always be family. When he was furious with his father, Wally shamefully had to admit he wanted nothing more than to move in with Barry instead.

But he couldn't leave mom. Even if she should've given up on his dad – just like he had – a long time ago.

Wally threw an arm around Dick, casually leaning on him as the acrobat served him a peck to the cheek. He was already breaking their rule by hanging out with Dick. His parents didn't want him to be with friends when they weren't home, but like hell if he was going to give up on an opportunity to spend the weekend with Rob. That just wasn't happening.

They stopped in front of Barry's house in front of the entrance. Dick snuck his arms around Wally, face coming to rest in the crook of the redhead's neck while the speedster lightly stroked his shoulders. Wally laughed quietly. "Woah, dude. Cosy much?"

"Hngh, shut uuup…" Dick lightly snickered and shrugged his shoulders. "You're warm. That's all."

"Riiiiiight." Wally's grin was so ridiculously big that he felt like it was going to cause his cheeks severe pain, but, hey, it could not be helped. He kissed Dick's temple softly, the chill air causing them both to huddle closer together. Dick had a point. Wally's body temp was generally over average, but even he was starting to feel a bit on the cold side.

"C'mon; we should head inside," he prompted, releasing Dick from his hold, if only a little.

The younger boy seemed to agree, but he was reluctant to let go, so they were still linked by the arms as they opened the door to Barry's house, and stepped inside. Dick lightly pressed Wally up against the wall to serve him a kiss on the mouth, but it was quick; too quick for Wally's taste, but understandable. Barry's house meant Barry could walk in on whatever PDA moment they were having, but as luck would have it, the older speedster was not around.