kiss it better

"WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING TAKING ON GRODD & COLD ALONE?! You Idiot!" Dick yelled at Wally loudly, and clearly very angry.

"I..." Wally begins groggily, vision blurry, as he held a hand to his head, trying to keep himself from swaying.

Dick's eyes soften, but the expression of anger doesn't fade away, as he sighs. "Doesn't matter you moron. As long as you promise me, you won't try to do that again without backup."

Wally snorts, and murmurs dazedly, green eyes slightly misty. "No promises Rob."

Dick's heart stings at the words, familiar ones that are always uttered so casually between them, every time they can't promise each other anything because of the life they chose. He sees Wally's blood covered fingers move from his lap, to cup his cheek. They feel cold, wet, and dry, all at once.

Wally leaned in, and pressed his forehead against Dick's. "You knew the risks when we chose this life Dick. It's either Death or another day of saving people. There is no safe for us. But-"

Dick flinched slightly at the previous sentence, but Wally smiled gently at him, continuing his words. "I'll try not to make you worry next time~" before pulling back from Dick, fingertips leaving trails of blood on Dick's usually pale cheeks.

Wally goes back to sitting on the medical bed, breathing heavily, a smile on his lips, which Dick returns almost instantly.

Wally pointed to his lips, and forehead.

"Now, c'mere and kiss it better."

Dick raised an eyebrow, snapping out of the conflicting emotions that roared from within him.

"Oh really now?"

"Yeah....really rob" at the slight hint of hope in Wally's voice, along with the twinkle of playfulness in the jade eyes, Dick nods.

He presses a soft kiss on the slightly cool forehead, his hands holding on to Wally's head gently, before he dipped lower, and pressed a kiss on Wally's lips.

It was a chaste kiss, his lips gracing Wally's softly.

"Is that good enough for you?"

"Hmm......no."

At Dick's raised eyebrows, Wally smirked.

"You still need to kiss my bruises and cuts so I can feel better~"

With a roll of his eyes, Dick consented, and already began pressing soft kisses to Wally's skin.

"As you wish Wals, as you wish...." Dick murmured, while snickering.