¶ Three ¶

"There ain't no room for our things to change,
When we are both so deeply stuck in our ways,
You can't deny how hard I've tried,
I changed who I was to put you both first,
But now I give up"

Easy on Me
~Adele

____________________

Walking into the hellcarrier Adeline couldn't help but feel intimidated. All around her agents were rushing around with stacks of files in their hands. She could see a few of them searching for any sign of abnormal activities. From what she heard the group had just captured Loki. She knew she was late but flying across the coast took a lot of time - despite it being a quinjet. Spotting a man in a black suit in the corner she hurried to him.

"Excuse me? Sorry, I'm Adeline Forbes and Directioner Fury (*director... well it was a typo but imagining Fury working out to One Direction had me laughing my ass off) requested me here. Could you point me in his direction sir? "

"Miss Forbes, we've been expecting you. Glad you could make it. We weren't sure you'd consent to the idea so we haven't mentioned you to the others. I'm Agent Coulson, welcome aboard. If you could please follow me. "

Saying this Agent Coulson led her to a lab. She could see outlines of figures around the room and caught the end of a conversation.

"- lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster",  finished a hauntingly familiar voice.

He was here? Of course he was. He was Iron Man and a certified genius, - of fucking course Fury would recruit him. She should have known.

Her last few months in New York flashed in front of her eyes and she quickly straightened her shoulders and walked in with all the false confidence she could muster, without taking a second glance at anyone else.

"Director Fury ," she spoke interrupting the ongoing conversation.

Every head turned towards her and she could feel their calculating gazes in her. She could also feel a particularly heavy gaze on her, courtesy of a certain play boy.

"Miss Forbes, glad you could make it. Almost thought you'd ditch us ," Fury exclaimed surprised though she could see a hint of relief in his eyes.

"Well, it does take time to fly distances Director."

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Adeline Forbes. Long lost molecular Biophysicist who I had to pick up from the race tracks. Talk about waste of talent. "

The last part he whispered to himself though everyone heard it going by the amused glances and Adeline's glare.

"Well, thank you for the lovely introduction Captain Hook. Sorry for being late, airway traffic is a thing people ",  she spoke up innocently glancing at everyone in the room.

"Lina? Is that you?",someone spoke from behind her," I haven't seen you since your graduation! "

Adeline turned to see a middle aged man with a few grey hairs walking up to her and her eyes widened,

"Bruce? Oh my God, I tried calling you but you we're always unavailable. I even tried hacking into one of your devices but you were pretty great at staying off the grid ", Adeline exclaimed almost jumping.

"Apparently not well enough ", Bruce sulked giving someone behind her a stink eye.

"Damn, you're old now. Not that you were ever young ", she added snickering-to which Bruce gave her a playful glare.

The brunette beauty turned greet the others when a tall man dressed as a literal flag came up to her and she immediately knew who it was.

...

I FINALLY WATCHED ETERNALS TODAY!!!
And I honestly can't understand why it's so underrated.
It's wild - and I'm finally caught up on all mcu movies and disney+ shows .

...