¶ Seven ¶

"সুখ পাখি কার্নিশে
হারায় অগোচরে,
দিন খুঁজে যাই, দিন আসে না
রাত আসে রাত করে,
আমার ভিতর ঘরে। "

কোন গোপনে // Kon Gopone
~Surangana Bandyopadhyay

____________________

Walking out of the lab Adeline set off to find the restroom which she realized 10 minutes later,was no easy feat . The hellcarrier was huge and lacked directions which proved to be not so favorable her. Suddenly she felt a cool chill sweeping through her as she jerked her head all around to find the mysterious source . It made her uneasy and by now , she knew that it couldn't be anything good. The ominous feeling curiously led her back to the lab from where she could sense raised voices and a couple of bangs.

Shit , she knew she shouldn't have left the morons on their own .

Entering the lab all she saw was chaos and the same feeling -now magnified - she had felt a few moments before.

"-is manipulating you "

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you."

That was Natasha . How had everything gone to shit within a few minutes? She saw Bruce scowl and advance towards the redhead.

"Listen, I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy ", he said as he pointed towards the moniter they were previously using ," I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the tessaract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"You what ?" , Adeline could now understand the reason behind this shitshow.

Fury on the other hand paid her no mind and confidently pointed towards Thor.
"Because of him."

Thor gave him a bewildered look , "Me?"

"Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town . We learned that not only are we not alone but we are honestly,  hilariously outgunned. " Fury exclaimed mockingly.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet ", Thor tried to explain.

"But you're not the only people are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched , they can't be controlled ", and Adeline was sure he glanced at her.

"Like you controlled the cube?" ,  Steve pointed out.

Thor- now clearly frustrated shook his head ," Your work with the tessaract is what drew Loki to it , and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that Earth is ready for a higher form of war. "

"A higher form?"

"You forced our hand , we had to come up with something "

"OH and that makes it all alright. Right , Fury? ", Adeline glared ," this is why I'm here aren't I? You wanted a guard for your precious energy source. "

"Look me in the eye and LIE to me again Fury", she continued raising her voice to be heard amongst the chaos.

She could see his eyes drop a little and that was all the conformation she needed.

Tony meanwhile butted in ," I don't know what this is about nor do I honestly care but those words are rich coming from someone who coined the word lie , isn't it?"