¶ Five ¶

"My throat is getting dry and my heart is racing,
I haven't been by your side,
In a minute, but I think about it sometimes,
Even though I know it's not so distant,
Oh no, I still wanna reminisce it"

What A Time
~Julia Michaels ft. Niall Horan

_________________

Later that night Adeline sat in the corner observing and noting down a list of possible locations while Bruce stood beside her scanning the scepter while typing notes down on the computer.

"The gamma readings are consistent with Selvig's reports on the tessaract. But it's gonna take weeks to process."

Adeline looked up," Not if we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer Cluster then -"

"-we can clock this around six thousand teraflops", Tony finished unbothered.

It had been like this for the majority of the past few hours . Tony, ignoring her existence completely , her avoiding any possible confrontational scenario and Bruce - poor Bruce being caught up in the the middle of the awkwardly uncomfortable tension in the room.

In a last attempt to alleviate some tension Bruce awkwardly laughed ," And all I packed was a toothbrush. "

"I didn't even get to change my clothes ", she grumbled .

Tony smiled at the scientist," You know , you should  one by Stark Tower sometime.  Top ten floors all R & D. You'd love it , it's candy land ."

Adeline snorted.
"Like you'd ever allow another soul to function freely around your baby", she muttered sarcastically before suddenly realizing what she said and who she said it to and promptly looked away.

"Thanks for the offer , but the last time I was in New York , I kind of broke ...Harlem", Bruce admitted.

"Well I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises. ," Tony said stealing a quick glance at the now quiet Adeline.

He walked over and poked Bruce with an electrical prod to ehich Adeline could only roll her eyes. Seems that Tony never did get rid of his bizarre eccentricity.

"Ow!"

"Hey!", Steve said rushing in ,"are you nuts ?"

"Jury's out", Tony admitted shamelessly and Adeline had to hide her amused grin.

"You really have a lid on it , haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?", Tony guessed with a grin.

"Well Bruce here has always had a lot of patience. Like that one time I jumped on him and broke his arm . Totally accidental by the way", Adeline reminisced with a smile purposefully ignoring the amused glances she received.

"Is everything a joke to you?", Steve asked Tony after a moment.

"Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny . No offense Doctor", Steve said with a furious glint in his eyes.

Oh well! Looks like her attempt at alleviating the impending argument was in vain.

Bruce meanwhile tried to defend Tony, "No , it's alright . I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things ."

Tony grinned at him ,"You're tiptoeing big man. You need to strut."

"And you need to focus on the problem Mr Stark ", Steve said seriously .