♔︎ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ♔︎

"Newton, Thomas

"Newton, Thomas... Lizzy, as you children know, Jacky and I, queens of the Glade kingdom, have made a decision that we are afraid to tell."

They were all sat in the big room. Mostly parties would be made in the big pink painted hall. Newt became nervous, the rain was not stopping a bit. He began hearing the storm and the lightning around the huge castle.

"What is it?" Thomas asked, shifting on the couch, placing his arm around Newt's shoulder.

Newt knew how Thomas tried to comfort him. He was appreciating it very much, but it did not help at all. He wanted everything to be over when he noticed how concerned Jacky and Kate were.

"We are a weak kingdom without our kings. We need a new king. Today, Kate went to the voting for Minho, but the people voted against my poor boy... He is in his tower if you want to ever comfort him... That is not the point we wanted you here..." Jacky was hesitant.

Newt's cold stare at the fire was not usual. Kate noticed how weird he was acting the few months, but could only assume it was because of the loss of his father. Newt would never show his emotions, not even his lover.

Lizzy held Newt's hand tightly. Even though she could not read his mind, she could feel his worry, concern, his pain. She only wished Newt would talk to her like he used to do. A sigh left both of the queen's.

"We need a marriage."

The words stung into Newt's chest like no arrow could. He felt it burst through his body and even wondered why he was not dead at this point. His face expression remained the same. Thomas bit his bottom lip, tears pricking his eyes. Lizzy frowned.

Since she was the only princess, she'd be marrying someone. It was not fair, not for her, nor for anyone who would marry her. She was only thirteen. No one would want her.

"Thomas, you will be marrying Elizabeth in two months to build a new tree, a new generation," Jacky explained.

Thomas' heart sank into hell. He would never be able to have those nights with Newt, those long conversations he loved the most. He would never be able to go through his blonde hair, sit with him in the same bath tub.

And Lizzy, he saw her as his best friend, not like he saw Newt. She was there for him no matter what, she was like a sister. They could never be king and queen. Lizzy burst into tears before Thomas could.

She let go of Newt's sweaty hand and went onto her knees in front of Kate and Jacky. Maybe begging would help. Maybe they would have to say no. Maybe it was just a suggestion. But it was not.

"Mommy, Jacky... Please, I do not want to marry. I do not want to be a queen, a wife... I want to be a child," she begged.

Kate sat down on the carpet floor as well, hugging Lizzy tightly. She felt her pain, she was forced to marry as well, a guy. Lizzy did never tell anyone that she would sneak out of the castle, go downtown to meet her long time lover.