♔︎ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ♔︎

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡
𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬

It was the day. The war would be an hour before the sunset. The night before Kate went into his room, soon after Lizzy too. The three of them sat at the fireplace and cried. Lizzy had her arms tightly around Newt's neck and almost sat on his lap.

She had cried until no tears were left, she had kissed his head, stroked his hair, but mostly leaned her head on his shoulder and cried. Newt only had one of his arms around her waist, patting her back comfortingly.

While she was crying, Kate had her head down to his shoulder as well, but she had sat quietly, the tips of her fingers were tingling and she knew that Newt wouldn't be Newt after the war. The blonde only had his other arm around her shoulder, stroking her hair.

"I love you no matter what," she had said.

Newt's body tensed. She knew it. She had known it for months. It scared him to know that Kate knew everything he and Thomas had been doing for the past months. He knew, if his mother was aware of his actions, Jacky would be too.

Newt did not look into her eyes after her words, but replied shorty. "I love you too," it hurt him to know that it was his last night alive. He never wished to die for his kingdom, but it was classic, it was cliché for a prince's death.

He wished to die in his lover's arms, just right before telling him that he loved him. He wished to only remember those hazel eyes and his beautiful grown, brown hair. But life was not fair to him.

He had to die that day, there was no escape from that. His worst fear. No escape, not coming out of the big Maze in his head, in his life, no escape from practice, from everything.

He remembered how Lizzy cried herself to sleep, when he carried her to her room and Harriet was sitting at the fireplace in a white nightgown. She had hugged him tightly, kissing his forehead, she formed the same love to him as Lizzy had with him, her brother.

When she had cupped his face in her hands, the blonde knew that she was serious about what ever she was going to say. The thought of giving the lover to his sister's hand made him go crazy, but he knew that Harriet was going through the same.

"I will take good care of her... Both of them," she had said, looking him deep in the eyes, or his soul even.

He had nodded his head before leaving his sister's room for the last time, glancing back for the last time, seeing her face, for the last time. When he had made it back to his mother in his room, she gave him a hug, where Jacky joined in after a few seconds.