Chapter 2.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

As soon as I arrived at the Kamado household, my heart sank, overwhelmed by a deep sense of heaviness and sorrow.

'Shit..'

As I braced myself for the inevitable sight, it still hurt to see Tanjiro slide down the front door, his face etched with shock and horror at what lay inside. Having faced the mangled corpses left behind by Titans in my previous experiences, I had grown somewhat accustomed to the gruesome scenes. Nonetheless, the current scene, while relatively cleaner than what Titans had wrought, was still heartbreaking. The sight of baby Rokuta's lifeless body stirred an overwhelming wave of emotions within me.

'Even if I didn't know them, the bastard still MURDERED a TODDLER.'

My eyes began glowing with a piercing gold hue, fueled by pure rage. Poor Tanjiro flinched when he sensed the livid emotion behind him, and he turned to look at me with wide, shocked eyes.

'She's... mad? W-what is this presence?! It's suffocating...!' Before Tanjiro could pass out from the sheer pressure of my wrath, I immediately subdued the anger and asked, trying to regain control of my emotions.

"Are there any survivors..?" I inquired, struggling to keep my tone calm and composed. God, I need to control my anger; this poor boy just lost everything.

Said boy snapped out of his shock and quickly checked for their vitals as tears streamed down his cheeks. He managed to mutter weakly, "Only Nezuko..." before gently placing the girl on his back. Then, he turned to me and hastily declared that he "was going to find a doctor," before swiftly running down the path we had come from, leaving me standing there, still grappling with my emotions.

Sighing heavily, I turned to face the house, my fist held tight in frustration. "Suppose I should do some cleaning in advance," I muttered to myself and approached the gruesome scene.

Just looking at the blood bath made me cringe mentally, imagining the horror of it being Ma and my sisters. How would I handle such a devastating loss? The answer was clear: I wouldn't be able to.

My gaze fell on the tiny, unmoving body lying in the snow, and a pang of sorrow washed over me. If only I could have arrived here earlier, maybe I could have prevented this tragedy. I looked up to the sky, my middle finger raised in defiance.

"Y'all are a bunch of assholes, you know that?" I growled, venting my anger and frustration to the heavens, knowing that my words would fall on deaf ears.

After clicking my tongue, I got to work.

As I gazed at the Kamados' remains, preserved by the cold or perhaps some unknown force, I couldn't help but notice how peaceful they appeared, as if they were merely asleep. But the reality was stark, with blood and weak signs of resistance telling a different, heart-wrenching story.

The sight of children, none older than 10, lying lifeless beside their mother's body filled me with an overwhelming desire to punch Muzan in the dick.

"Remind me to do just that the moment I see him," I muttered, my frustration evident. While I didn't particularly hate the man, in that moment, I was strongly tempted to confront him.