Chapter 15.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

"You sure you don't want me to drop you off?"

Tanjiro shook his head, sweat dropping, "Thank you, Colith-san but It is truly not necessary. I want to know how long it will take for me to get there." he apologized.

I pouted, not that he could see, and crossed my arms before letting out a resigned sigh. Urokodaki and I stood on the doorstep, watching the boy jog a few meters away before halting. He waved at us then resumed his run, clad in a similar haori as the former water pillar and Kitsune mask.

"You're going after him, aren't you?" the old man said after a beat.

"Yep!" I grinned, jumping into the air to trail the kid. "See ya!" I waved. He returned the wave with a sigh, watching me silently blast off after Tanjiro.

Seppen was next to me in a jiffy and we made sure not to get too close so he couldn't spot us. Seriously, his nose was too sharp for his own good.

Why was I following him? After all, he did get there without problem and passed the exam with flying colors in the anime. Actually, I wasn't just going after him. I had some stuff to do such as keeping the casualties low during the final selection. Now hear me out, not everyone was fit to become a slayer, and I knew that Kagaya was aware of it.

So instead of letting potential recruits die foolishly because they bit off more than they can chew, there was a change to the rules. Anyone with fatal injuries or those at death's door will be rescued- by me -and will, therefore, not become slayers. They'll have to restart their formation and try again the following year.

So, yeah. I've sent clones to the last selections and saved a lot, and I say A LOT of people.

Kokushibo didn't particularly react to this outcome even though he was aware of it. Then again, Muzan's control on him seemed to have thoroughly faded away from his system considering he could now say his name without repercussions.

Colith-1, discount MJ-0.

We arrived at Mount Fujikasane before sunset, proof that Tanjiro's additional training kinda paid off. Having Kokushibo spar with him on some occasions definitely improved his reflexes. Granted that dodging was all he could do against the demon, Koku-kun was ruthless.

He never brought up the earrings again, still, I encouraged him to try and open up about them. Koku-kun was of those who still remembered their past, as rare as they were. So he didn't react strongly to the news of Tanjiro being a descendant of Yorichii's closest friend, which would explain the earrings.

He wasn't one to bring up his past a lot though, as tragic as it was, and I wasn't either. Not that it prevented some mishap on my part. I had a big mouth and would end up sometimes blurting things I wasn't supposed to know, not that he questioned how the hell I knew it. He was aware of what I was after I finally decided to tell him when I was sure that Muzan wouldn't get wind of it. Needed that surprise factor even though him still not realizing that I snatched his most loyal servant was mind-blowing.

There were a lot of people this year too. Even saw a few I saved last year and they seemed more determined to succeed this time. Good for them. I remained hidden, looking around to find if anyone from the main cast was missing.