Chapter 3.

"Ningerundayooo"- talking

'Ningerundayooo' - thinking

"Ningerundayooo"- a powerful being

"Ningerundayooo"- any other language.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

I found myself in a small cave, observing Nezuko morph into what looked like a little diglett. She had dug a hole and was now hiding inside, seeking refuge from the scorching sun.

As we continued our journey, it became clear that we couldn't make much progress with Nezuko in her current state. Tanjiro and I discussed our options, and it was decided that he would go search for a basket while I stayed behind to keep an eye on the little demon. I could have easily brought a basket using my powers, but I thought it was a good opportunity to spend some time with Nezuko.

However, there was one thing I hadn't taken into account.

'Doshiyo asore doshiyo...'

Being unable to have a conversation with a speechless demon, my mind wandered aimlessly. I let out a sigh and glanced outside, wondering if Tanjiro would suddenly pop out of a bush with the basket. The anime didn't mention how long he would take, leaving me waiting with the restless demon for what felt like an eternity. It had been 10 minutes already, and I considered pulling out my phone to pass the time, but before I could do that, a gentle tug on my haori caught my attention.

I looked down to see pink, wide eyes staring back at me. It was Nezuko.

"What is it, honey?" I crouched down to her level, gently patting her scalp as only her head was visible above the hole.

She responded with a happy "hm!" and pointed to the hole with one finger.

"Ah, you're proud of your hole-digging skills, aren't you? Well, it's well done!"

I smiled affectionately at her, but she shook her head and tugged on my haori with insistence, then pointed at the spot in the hole beside her. I looked at her inquisitively, trying to understand what she wanted to convey.

I made an 'oh' with my mouth, finally understanding what she meant. "Oh, you want me to come inside too?"

"Hmpf-mh!" She quickly nods, still tugging on my clothes.

"But Nezuko, I'm not a demon...?" It struck me then that I wasn't human either. Not anymore.

'Must be the reason why Giyuu almost offed me and why Tanjiro keeps sniffing with a confused look when near me...' I thought, contemplating the nature of my existence.

I facepalmed, to Nezuko's confusion. "Of course..." After placing my hat on the ground next to the hole, I got near the demon child who, in the meantime, made room for me. I slipped into the hole next to her, not disturbed by the dirt.

She had unconsciously shrunk a little in size to allow me to fit and almost immediately clung to me like a koala on a branch, which amused me. "Wow, it's pretty cool here. I understand why you're here now."