Chapter 8.

________

1ST POV
________

.

.

"Are you certain you wouldn't like to extend your stay a bit longer? There are ample available rooms," Amane asked gently as she stood by her husband at the estate entrance, surprising both the guards and some onlookers.

'Oyakata-sama and Amane-sama are outside in this weather?' Their gazes then shifted to me. 'Who is that?!'

Ignoring the curious stares, I shook my head while still donning the mask and cloak, fully concealing my identity. "No, thank you. I wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone. Besides, I need to inform Tengu gramps about the news before embarking on my journey!" I could hear gasps and muffled reactions from the crowd.

"In that case, we'll arrange a guide for you while we search for a suitable kasugai crow for your future travels," Kagaya said, his voice smoother than usual. The curse had done a number on him, fortunately now, his health had improved considerably, allowing him to stand unaided.

I let out a sound, "Don't worry, I'll manage! Can't I just have a regular crow?" I was taken aback when they both shook their heads in response.

"No, this is the least we can do for what you've done for us. Your kasugai crow will arrive at Mount Sagiri in three days. Please wait until then," Kagaya bowed slightly, his wife following suit, garnering various reactions from the onlookers. Annoying, right?

I shrugged and said, "Sure thing! Then I'll be on my way. Take care, guys!"

"DID HE JUST CALL THEM 'GU-" someone shrieked before being swiftly silenced. Whoever that was must have been a dedicated follower. Sheesh.

The three of us exchanged awkward glances as we watched a group of Kakushis restrain the unruly one. Amane turned to me with a warm smile, seemingly unfazed by the commotion, as if it were a common occurrence. Maybe it was.

"Thank you for the gifts. Nichika and Hinaki were thrilled. But if I may ask, how did you know they loved cats?" she inquired, tilting her head slightly.

I let out a soft hum and flashed a peace sign. "I simply asked them," I explained, though they appeared somewhat surprised. I continued, "And please, go easy on them, alright? I have kids too, so I understand how pressure can affect them. I know they're heiresses, and your situation isn't simple, but try engaging in parent-child activities or something. Oh yeah, here..." I conjured more plushies out of thin air, causing a Kakushi to pass out and be dragged away with a crash in the background. I handed the plushies to the two of them. "I don't know what your other children like, but these are for them!" This time, it was a purple puppy to match Kiriya and two pastel yellow/pink rabbits for the second set of twins.

At this point, they didn't question how I knew about the three children and accepted the gifts with grateful smiles.

"Don't hesitate to return whenever you like; the Ubuyashiki family will always welcome you with open arms," Kagaya said, to my surprise. He and his wife performed a deep bow, displaying immense respect and gratitude. Those who had been eavesdropping, including myself, were taken aback. After assuring them that it wasn't necessary, I took my leave.