Chapter 5

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

The head seemed to have finally accepted the futility of its body's condition, as the impacts it had taken from the foreigner's punches felt akin to being sliced by nichirin blades.

'Why is this happening to me?'

The demon's head was currently ensnared in a tree, its green hair tangled around Tanjiro's hatchet, and its arms emerging from its head in an absurd spectacle.

Tanjiro had effectively immobilized the demon and was now sprinting toward where he sensed the scents of his sister and Colith-san.

'I need to reach them quickly!'

"NEZUKO!! COLITH-SAN!!" He called out, hoping his voice would reach the two. His feet crushed leaves as he hurried on, his breaths coming in heavy pants, his focus entirely on locating them. Almost yelping in fright, he paused as he heard a rustling sound from a nearby bush on his left. He was momentarily gripped by the fear that something dangerous was lurking there, until the familiar scent of lilac wafted to his nose, causing him to freeze in his tracks.

"HM-hm !" a woozy Nezuko popped out, stumbling in her steps like a newborn fawn but all in all, fine. Tanjiro immediately rushed to her in worry, checking for any injuries, and is grateful when he finds none.

"I'm so relieved you're safe!" he tightly embraced her, a wave of relief washing over him as she reciprocated the hug with a gentle hum. Pulling back slightly, he scanned their surroundings, his brows knitting in confusion. "Where's Colith-san?" His expression became troubled as he remembered that Nezuko couldn't respond. Oops...

Yet, it seemed Nezuko had understood, as she got up and sprinted in the direction of the familiar and comforting presence she had come to know.

"Wait, Nezuko?!" Tanjiro's head jerked up, and he followed her, almost tripping in his haste. They swiftly reached the scene, where the dark-skinned woman stood, examining her clenched fist in wonder. The headless body crumbled into ashes, leaving only clothes behind on the now grayish ground. Tanjiro stared, his eyes wide with amazement as he watched the whole process occur, while Colith's golden eyes shifted to meet the gazes of the two Kamados siblings.

"Oh, Tanjiro, Nezuko, what a to see you here," she greeted with a casual grin, causing Tanjiro to sweatdrop.

"Colith-san! How did you do that?" He pointed incredulously at the pile of ashes near her feet.

She blinked, glancing down, then replied, "I punched him really, really hard." It was a statement that, in its essence, held a lot of truth.

Despite the fact that her words were backed up by her scent, poor Tanjiro found it hard to wrap his head around it. Before he could voice his confusion, Colith spread her arms wide, facing Nezuko, who tilted her head inquisitively.

"Make yourself tiny, honey, I'll carry you," she cooed in a maternal tone.

Nezuko perked up, complying with the request. Colith immediately let out a delighted squeal, cradling the demon in her arms as if she were a mother holding her child. She then turned to Tanjiro, who had been silently observing the scene with raised eyebrows.