chapter three

(Hinata's pov one week before)

I ran from the gym, and for a while I could hear Nishinoya and Tanaka chasing after me. Their voices grew quieter as I ran ahead. They sounded mad. I'm pretty sure they were just worried or at least I hope that's all.

Once I'm on the path that leads into the mountains I take out my phone. If what his dad said, if that really was his dad, was true then Kenma should know too. He would be in danger and so would Nekoma if he stayed there. I scroll down my contacts list until I find his name then I call him.

It took a moment for him to answer which honestly made me worried. For all I know they could have found him already. They could have hurt him and his team. He could've been at practice when some random Werewolf comes running into their gym and attacks him. Oh no then his team would be freaking out right now and I would have no idea.

"Yes Sho?" Kenma answers and I calm down a bit from hearing his voice. I could tell by the way that I wasn't immediately responding that he was getting a little worried. "Is something wrong?"

"It's my dad." I said in almost a whisper. "He called me, they're hunting us down. We both need to get back to Rale. I'll meet you there, but you need to wait until tomorrow at least. My team is already trying to find me since I ran off. And I'm not sure hearing you did the same on the exact day would be a good thing. Just make up some type of lie tomorrow then head here."

"That might be a little harder than you think. But I might have something. See you there." he hung up.

Putting my phone back into my pocket. I turned around and looked back. I can see the entire Karasuno high from here. I couldn't help but smile, seeing two figures heading back inside the gym. I can't tell who it is from here but I'm guessing it was Nishinoya and Tanaka going inside. I sigh, shaking my head a little. "Guess this is goodbye for now. Thank you guys for everything, it was fun."

I close my eyes remembering the words to open the portal back to Rale. I never really understood it but it feels like the right thing to say at a time like this. "Together forever we'll meet once again. From Land to sky no distance will be too high. Away for now but home once again, might this key guide you back until the end."

After the last words are said the portal appears out of thin air. I'm glad almost no one comes down this path because they would be extremely freaked out right now. "Home here I come." I walk back and start to run right as I reach the portal I jump through. Landing was a little different because now was the first time in months that I have been in any of the forms. Being in my crow form made it a little easier mainly because it was easier to control my wings as I flew down to the platform.

"This makes me wish I got mom's key Portal. It would have been way more simple than remembering those words." I complained. Still I found a place to lay down while I waited, knowing it would be a while until Kenma got here so all I could do was wait.

Waking up from a long nap I saw that the time had changed a lot. The sun was starting to rise actually. I laughed so that meant I slept for probably over half the day. I heard the door shake the invisible lock turning. The door quickly opened with Kenma standing behind it with a key in hand. So Kenma got to keep a pair of the keys.

He stepped down, tripping over the height difference separating the door and platform. They really should have fixed that. "You okay?" I asked, offering to help him up.

"Yea I'm fine." Kenma replied, setting the key inside his pocket. His eyes widened a bit seeing me. "You're actually in your Crow form. I thought you hated it."

I shook my head. "I don't hate it, never did. It just felt weird after a while before I left. I didn't feel like flying, which really surprised some people cause you have to fly there just to get around." I explained. "Wait how'd you get away from your team. I thought you had practice today. Or was that the next one?"