TERRIBLE SINGING X. S

TERRIBLE SINGING | X. SHANG-CHI

· · · · · · · · · · ღ

Karaoke was like a family tradition for the small friend group.

After work, they'd go to a nearby karaoke place and sing to their hearts content, no care for their health and throat the next day.

Katy was the one who started this. In the beginning, it was just her and Shaun. Then Y/N came around. He was a bright person, the perfect person for karaoke Katy thought when she first met him. It immediately slipped from her mind though because when she looked at Shaun, he looked like a teenager in love. "Love at first sight" I guess.

Y/N was a year older than Shaun. They had all met at a Starbucks, Y/N being the cashier.

It was Karaoke night. Everyone was exhausted from work, but you can always make time for something if you try hard enough.

Once they entered the room, it was full on war on who chose the first song. Y/N beat them to the remote, so as the rules go, he chose the first song. Clicking on it, 'Broken Hearted Melody' by Sarah Vaughan started to play. Katy and Shaun sat as they listened to him sing. He didn't have a bad voice, they both agreed it was better than their voices.

Br-ooo-ken hearted me-ee-lo-dy

Oooonce you were our song of love

Katy was slighting dancing along to the music and Y/N's voice.

Wiiith the memory of

His tender love

Y/N was dancing and held out his hand to Shaun, wanting him to dance as well. Shaun was nervous but still grabbed him hand and danced with him.

Of the lips I long to kiss

And the love I miss

Since he went away

Night and day they play

The pair danced together, none of them knew how to dance though. They were having fun, so that was all that mattered to them in the moment.

When our love was young and bright

As he held me tight

Suddenly I found

I was heaven bound

Katy watched as they spun around, both of them had bright smiles on their faces. She smiled because they looked so happy. She was happy for Shaun, especially since she knew that he liked Y/N. Even if he wouldn't admit it. Anyone who saw them together could tell. The way he looks at Y/N and the way Y/N talks to him. It was the perfect match.

Now you just keep taunting me

Wiiith the memory of

His tender love

Ooooh, broken hearted melody

Won't you bring him back to me

Sing to him until he yearns

For when he returns no more will he be

A broken hearted melody

Katy wiped a tear from her eye when Shaun looked at her. 'Young love' she mouthed to him. He gave her a smile before looking back at Y/N as the song finished.

Y/N looked at Shaun and Katy with a big smile on his face. He stepped back and the bowed. The two others clapped while he said thank you.

Karaoke nights show the best in them.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒