Chapter 4

'Run to the ocean? Just like that?' Pam asked, surprised at Ms. August's direction.

'Yep, just like that. I want you guys to have a fun time, goofing around. We'll get shots from different angles,' Ms. August replied, nodding.

Locke grinned. They were at the outskirts of the city, at a beach. This was the shooting spot for episode 8 where the on-screen group, including Hunter, Dawn and Layla, were taking a break at Dawn's family owned beach house.

Mr. Ribbon, the Assistant Director and the Director of Photography, Mr. Light, were in conversation while approaching them.

'Ah, Mr. Light, are we good to get on with the shooting?' Ms. August asked.

Mr. Light nodded. 'Yep, if we can wrap this scene in an hour before it gets too hot it'd be great.'

Ms. August turned to all the actors and clapped to get their attention. 'Right, you heard the man, let's get rolling team!'

The crew got to work. While the production staff figured out the blocking, the artists discussed among themselves how best to interact and make it seem more natural like they are having a good time.

Keeye suggested Locke run into the water first, his character being the most carefree and friendly among the lot. Vee, who plays the role of Layla's friend, suggested they make use of this moment to capture photos and videos of the group's memories. The Producer, Mr. Que was delighted by this idea in particular saying it was the perfect opportunity to advertise the product by their cell phone manufacturing partner.

Before they proceeded with shooting the actual shot, Ms. August called aside Keeye and Locke.

'Right, Keeye. So this is where Hunter slowly starts falling for Dawn,' she explains.

Keeye nods. 'Got it. The small gestures, the unnoticed moments that make all the difference,'

'Beautiful!' Ms. August is grinning now. 'I'll leave it up to you Keeye. Oh, and Locke,' she turns to him, 'You stay oblivious for now. Just Dawn's usual self of being the life of the group,'

Locke nods and gives her an okay gesture.

As the camera starts rolling, Ms. August observes the artists through the lens. With a little input and tweaks from the camera operator, DP and herself, they manage to get some good angles and shots. The crew goofed around in between shots. Locke and Keeye seemed to be having the most fun with Keeye teasing Locke, splashing water even when the cameras were not rolling. Locke and Mint, the actor who played Dawn's friend and project-mate, were trying to dunk Keeye into the water with Layla and Vee laughing behind them, clutching their stomachs. Which left Ms. August, wondering if she had unintentionally helped begin a beautiful friendship.

*************************

Next day of the shooting.

Locke enters the makeup room to find an enthusiastic Vee approaching him with a video camera in her hand. 'And here's our lead! Locke, playing the character of Dawn, around whom the entire series revolves about.'

Locke gives her a confused smile, 'What's happening here?'

Pam is sitting on the makeup chair behind Vee, getting her makeup done. She chuckles.

'Vee's doing a 'behind-the-scenes' vlog kind of a thing for the series...'

Vee gestures at Locke to say something to the camera. 'Don't be shy, introduce yourself!'

Locke grins, habitually running his fingers through his hair to smooth out strays and looks at the camera, 'Hey everyone, I'm Locke. I play the role of Dawn in Falling for Dawn,'