Chapter 9 (Final)

'You've done enough damage already. You can leave for the night,'

Locke stood outside Sera and Sarah Ent, Elle's words ringing in his head.

'We'll talk this out with Royal Entertainment and find a middle ground to settle this. Leave already, I can't stand the sight of you,'

Locke felt like shit. Every single action he had taken on that fateful day led to major consequences. He had jeopardized everything he had worked so far. His career, his agency's reputation and the worst of all, the entire situation ended up blowing on Keeye, who had nothing to do with any of these events. Defeated and filled with utter shame and guilt, he tapped his phone.

Of course...there's no way he'd want to respond to me. After all, I'm the one who got him tangled in this mess. I've made his life hell ever since he met me.

'Hey,' Silver called out softly. He pressed Locke's shoulder, trying his best to comfort him.

It took every ounce of Locke's will to hold himself back from breaking down.

'I...' he started but couldn't say anything beyond that.

Silver stayed silent. He knew that, right now, Locke blamed himself for every single thing and it didn't matter how much Silver tried to convince him otherwise.

'I...' Locke's voice cracked. 'If there was a way to turn back time, I'd set everything back in the right place...'

Silver waited, he knew Locke was struggling to get the words out.

'But I can't,' His voice dropped to a whisper, 'I can't...'

He turned to Silver. His eyes were red, his lips were quivering...the question was evident on his face. What should I do?

'Apologize if you can,' Silver advised softly. 'The rest is up to him. You may not believe me now but this'll pass. You'll get better,'

Locke nodded. He pulled out his phone and dropped another text to Keeye, an apology. Delivered, but unread again.

He looked at his smiling self in the lock screen background. A memory that felt like games ago. They were at the beach in the outskirts of the city, shooting Dawn's beach resort scenes. The group selfie was taken by Pam. They were all standing at the shore, the cool waves washing their feet while they goofed around. Happy faces all around.

Locke bit his trembling lip. He wanted to do something. At the very least, get down on his knees and apologize to Keeye for denting his career.

A vague memory surfaced as he glanced at the lock screen again. There was that bar they shot the party scenes at...the Kelp bar! And Keeye had mentioned something about the pub...a compliment. And that he had a beach house closeby!

Locke ran to the edge of the street and called out for a cab. A surprised Silver followed him, asking him what was wrong.

'I have to try at least. I may not be right but I still have to try!' He rambled.

Silver was trying his best to understand Locke's words but they were too vague. But he didn't press for more.

'Book a cab through the app, it'll be faster,' he advised a frantic looking Locke.

Locke nodded and did as told. He entered the destination as 'Kelp bar' not having any clue how he'd go searching for Keeye once he reached it. But that didn't stop him from getting into the cab.

**************************

There were too many inner roads leading to the beach than Locke had expected. And along each road, huge mansions towered, taking up a good amount of the area, undoubtedly owned by the wealthier lot of the country. Their walls were high and the security outside scrutinized Locke as he passed by, ready to apprehend any suspicious looking passer by.