Chapter 6

Keeye turned off the ignition and killed the engine. He unfastened his seatbelt and stepped out of the car. Locke was out of the passenger seat as well.

'Right, let's go say hi,' he suggested and walked on ahead.

Keeye did a quick take on his parking skill. Satisfied, he caught up to Locke who had already pressed the doorbell.

The house was a pretty cosy, simple building nestled in at the end of the neighborhood. A perfect space away from all the noise and pollution. There wasn't much of a yard but the owners had somehow managed to squeeze in a decent sitting area and Keeye was impressed by the smart planning.

The door opened and they were first greeted by a tiny, furry dog. Keeye wasn't sure about the breed but the little one immediately recognised Locke and jumped around him while he scratched the back of its ears. 'Heya Chickpea! I missed you too,'

Keeye raised an eyebrow. Chickpea? Interesting name.

'Holy shit!' exclaimed a man standing in the doorway in his grey track pants and white tee. His honey blonde hair was a mess as if he had just woken up. Of course it was 8am on a Sunday morning. If Keeye were at his residence, he'd be sleeping straight till noon as well.

'June, your jaw's almost dropping to the floor. Can you please not embarrass me like this?' another voice chimed in next to the man named June. He didn't seem as shocked as June but did seem slightly nervous.

'Mr. Keeye...I'm Silver and this is June. Please don't mind him, he wasn't intending to be rude. Locke did inform us that you'd be stopping by,'

Just like his name, Silver had silver hair that complemented his green eyes. He was taller and tanner than June and he seemed to have groomed himself well to be presentable. He shakily extended his arm to Keeye and Keeye shook it with a smile on his face.

'Pleasure to meet you Mr. Silver and Mr. June...you have a lovely home,'

'Thank you!' Silver squeaked and Locke completely lost it just about then. He burst out laughing, enjoying the shocked and nervous faces of his friends. Trying his best to keep a serious face, he asked Silver, 'Are you really going to keep Mr. Keeye standing outside?'

'Of course not! Please...please come in...' Silver welcomed the two inside right away.

The inside was simple as well, reflecting the coziness of the outside. June hurriedly cleared the coffee table, 'Please, make yourselves at home...I'll go make coffee!' he almost bumped into a chair while hurrying to the kitchen.

Silver gestured the two to sit on the sofa and sat opposite to them.

'Let me guess, June thought you were pranking him when you told him that I'd be visiting with Keeye?' Locke asked, grinning, loving the look on Silver's face. Up until a few months ago, he had been the same while being around Keeye.

'Yeah...He didn't expect that you'd actually show up...'

Keeye chuckled. They were good people, he could tell. He just needed to break the ice and make them comfortable, which wasn't very difficult. Introverted or not, 10 years in the industry had helped him refine the art of getting along with random strangers.

He observed the coffee table in front of them. It didn't seem like a regular table. There was resin art on it.

'I see you have a good taste in decor. The patio set outside looks unique as well,' Keeye complimented.

'Ah, that's all June's work. He's a woodworker and once a year, he goes berserk with all sorts of decor ideas,' Silver explained. June entered the living room with a tray full of coffee cups and placed it on the table.