20. Boring girl

Dante had baked enough cinnamon rolls to share with my friends. I sat back down at the table with them, eating churros con chocolate and the giant cinnamon rolls Dante had baked.

We were going to be so fat after today. As delicious as cinnamon rolls were, they weren't healthy. Nonetheless, that not-so-wonderful fact didn't stop me from stuffing my face.

If I didn't think Dante was great before, I certainly thought it now. The man was sexy as fuck and he knew how to cook. And bake. And he did it willingly.

"It's code red," Madeleine said, her brown eyes watching the snow piling up outside. The sun was close to setting and it was only four o'clock in the afternoon. Across the road was another restaurant and I could see the big 'Sorry, we're closed' sign from here.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Lots of snow, wind, and frost," Madeleine answered.

"In other words," Eduardo said, looking up from the book he was reading, "dangerous to drive or bike in. Slippery roads and poor visibility."

I raised an eyebrow. "So we're all stuck here?"

"Don't act like you don't like the idea of having to stay here longer", Eli said. "It looks like you can't get enough of Dante's Spanish dick. You were gone a long time back there. What were you doing?" He smirked evilly when I glared at him. "Don't give me that look. What do you even know about this guy? He seems older as well. You should be care-"

I cut him off aggressively. "What's your problem, Eli? Are you mad I got laid and you haven't had a girl to suck your dick in like four months? Do you want me to suck your dick too? Am I appealing to you now that you know another man wants me? You sound mad jealous from this side of the table."

"Oh damn," Madeleine said, laughing. "I felt that one in my soul."

Eli scowled back at me, his eyes darkening with anger. "Sorry to inform you, grumpy, but I've only ever been interested in you as a friend. Sucking my dick is off the table."

"Why?"

"Why? Because you're fucking boring, Carla. Eduardo here is more interesting than you and he rarely talks. Besides, I'm just trying to look out for you and you're acting like a grumpy bitch."

"Just admit it," I said. "You love dicks. Maybe that's why it's been hard for you to get it on with a girl. What did the last girl tell us, Madeleine?"

Madeleine winced and then looked apologetically at Eli. "She told us you couldn't get it up."

Eli appeared shocked but he quickly recovered. "She's lying."

"Is she?" I demanded. "If you're into men, you can just say so. We won't judge you."

"Want me to prove it to you? That I'm not gay? Come, let's go to the bathroom right now. Lemme show you what a black dick can do. Maybe I'll fuck the grumpiness out of you while we're at it."

Madeleine blushed, her cheeks reddening. Eduardo shook his head in disbelief like he couldn't comprehend how we had gotten here.

But as for me? I lost my cool and lunged at Eli. I meant to slap him, but instead, he moved his head, causing my sharp nail to rake against his cheeks. Blood welled up instantly and he reached up to touch the cut but then quickly lowered his hand to the table when it stung.

I believed Eli was bisexual but was too scared as a black man from South Africa to admit it. I knew the repercussions that could come from such an admission, but why was it so difficult for him to be honest with his friends?

"I don't need you to prove shit to me, Eli!" I tried to finish what I started but accidentally ended up knocking over my glass of hot chocolate. Some of it splashed up on my yellow sweater and the rest ran in rivulets off the table.