36. Positive girl

I didn't know whose stupid idea it was to plan therapy bright and early on a Tuesday morning.

As it turned out, I was the foolish person who came up with the stupid idea, all in the name of starting every day with positive energy. I was learning so much in therapy, including seeing myself in a positive light.

The sudden loud pounding on my door was anything but positive. Was it annoying? Yes. Infuriating? For sure. Did it make me want to pull my hair out by the handful? Damn right.

"Young lady, you're going to be late," Bruce said as the pounding increased in volume.

Why was he banging on my door like it was the second coming of Jesus and he needed to convert me immediately?

I rolled over in bed and stared at the ceiling. "Tell me something new, Bruce. I'm always five minutes late."

"Ever heard of the saying if you're early, you're on time and if you're on time, you're late? What do you think you are if you're always late?" His voice sounded closer than normal.

Wait a second, was he in my kitchen?

"Where did you learn that one from? In the Marines? Because in that case, being late would mean that I am AWOL until further notice. But since that's not the case, I guess it means I don't care about anyone's time but my own. Definitely something I need to work on."

"How exactly do you plan on working on it if you're still in bed?"

I groaned into my pillow and then quietly muttered, "Bitch!" before getting out of bed and jumping into the shower.

"What are you doing in my kitchen anyways?" I asked as I got dressed in a beige off-shoulder sweater and black jeans.

I grabbed my light brown leather boots and started putting them on as I waited for an answer. None came. I guess Bruce had taken what he wanted and was back in the car waiting for me.

"You're not a morning person, are you?" he asked when I showed up at the car with a sour scowl on my face. Once again, I found him staring at a picture of a woman wearing a black dress and blue leggings.

"I only like mornings when I wake up to food I didn't cook myself. Start cooking for me and you might see a smile on my face."

I took my scarf off and rested it on my lap. Eva had gotten me this fringed wool scarf as a Christmas gift and I loved how incredibly soft and warm the material was.

"Sorry, not in my job description. I'm not that great in the kitchen but I did make us some tea." He lifted a flask from the console cup holder and gave it to me before driving off in the direction of Dr. Valez's office.

"Thank you," I said, glancing away as images of Dante making cinnamon rolls and churros invaded my mind. This was followed by more images of him looking hot as sin while eating pancakes, his full lips glistening with syrup between each bite before he sensually licked it all away.

Now, that was a man who dominated the kitchen and everything and everyone outside of it.

My body warmed at the thought of him dominating me in the bedroom and I squirmed in my seat.

How could I still want him after weeks of not seeing or hearing from him? After his sister told me that he killed her boyfriend and may have killed my father as well?

Shit. I had it bad.

Like Usher bad.

🎶 You got it bad when you're out with someone
But you keep on thinkin' 'bout somebody else
You got it bad 🎶