Chapter 1 | Back Home

Jaylin.

I'm back.

I'm back to this home town where it started my wrecked life.

I hate this room. This home. This place. We just had to come back to this place like nothing ever happened. How sick.

"Jaylin come down stairs and help!" dad yells angrily.

I'm back to my semi-childhood home. Shit isn't it?

I drop my moving boxes and headed downstairs, walked down the hallway, turned to the right, down the stairs and see dad. Mad as pre-usual.

"Why were you taking so fuckin' long?" he glances at me with a settled glare, dropping the moving boxes in front of the front door, waiting for me to help but I guess I was too slow to get the hint.

"Sorry..." I mildly mutter.

"Fucking great..." he mumbles through his clenched teeth, walking into the kitchen and unpacking plates.

"Go and just...look around this place..." he says annoyed, not even hearing himself that I already know this place. Way too well. "Just get out of my sight Jaylin..." he sighs, dropping his hands to the edge of the kitchen counter.

I nod to him with both of my hands crossed politely and grabbed a jacket and left this awful house as fast I could before he and I could explode, together.

I breathe in the fresh air as I closed the door and just walked. Just walking, not even knowing where my two feet are going lead me.

~~~~~

The park. I'm at a park. My two feet led me to a park. Perfect.

I'm only wearing leggings with a thin hoodie that I only wear to sleep.

There's no kids jumping around the playground. Only old couples walking back and forth around the park, I don't mind them, they just put a thud feeling in my heart that's all.

I shake my head, trying to stop my thinking and leaned my head back onto the bench and looked up at the dark blue sky that was turning into a darker blue sky that was going to be filled with stars. Fuck...I feel like crying. My face doesn't move a muscle as a tear move its way to the edge of my eyes and falls to the side.

I want to feel and let something out. Just something.

I get up before I make myself uncontrollable and headed to a gas station that was near by.

I open the door and see a young man behind the cashier that sent me a warm smile and I sent him my best smile which is only slightly moving the curve of my lips up by the tiniest bit. I'm in a horrible mood. I can't help it. I feel bad though.

I grab a sour jelly that I could just swirl and chew in my mouth, it's a habit, it relieves my stress, it's a horrible habit I guess. I grab the first bag of jellies I see and headed to the cashier.

"How's your day?" the young man asked in a happy tone. Someone is having a good day at least.

"Uh I'm good thanks...How about you?" I say out of manner, handing him three dollars.

"Ending the night with a good mood! Would you like a bag?"

"Uh, no thank you," I smile wider to him and took my jelly. He's cute. "Goodbye."

"Have a good night!" he says as I walked out and tried to open my jelly.

Ugh. I hate opening these. So stubborn, I can never open these stupid wrappers, I'll never know why.