Chapter 5 | Shortcake

Andrew.

(Back in class)

I see her again. Jaylin. Jaylin. Jaylin. Her name repeats in my head. Jay...lin...

I feel someone nudge me in the arm. Wade. "What?" I mouth to him.

"Why are you staring at her?" he mouths back as he glances at her. Don't stare at her.

I grab his left shoulder slowly griping his recent cut on his shoulder blade. "Don't fucking touch me and don't ever..." I grip tighter. "question what I fucking do." I brutally let go of his shoulder.

I should stop staring at her. Fuck you, Wade. I see him go pale then stands back up, straighter. I feel my eyes uncontrollably move to the side. I don't stop staring at her. I can't. I just...can't. She looks...Stiff?

I watch her movements as she continually turns her silver ring on her thumb. I move my eyes from her face, to her jaw, to her neckline, to her hips, to her ass, and then to her legs. She moves all her limbs but doesn't move her back as much, I'm not seeing much movement in her waist nor hips.

She looks uncomfortable.

The pain medication should be already kicking in if she took it this morning.

I watch her eyes shift to her friend, what's her name again? Rain? Rabe? Ren?

I lean back. Trying to see more from behind. More of her.

They chat and I watch her lay back onto the counter, like me. I watch her eyes move towards my direction. The slightest tint of blue appears in her eyes as she meets my eyes and I meet with hers. She's addicting. She's annoying. She's pretty. She's...

Too similar...

She's not. I can't think of him. I see the same thing as I did with his eyes with hers. Hayden. Jaylin.

I frustratingly turn my head back as I accidentally thought of him. I grit my teeth, I clench my jaw, feeling the pain rush to my teeth. I feel my hands turn sweaty as I grip tight to the edge of the counter.

"...and Andrew. You guys will be in group 5 over there." I trans out of my cold sweat and I move to the table as I wake up from my trance.

Leith comes close to me as we move to the table, "Seth came to me last night," I freeze at the name.

Seth.

"Why?" I ask irritated.

"He said that he came to me because he knows that you won't listen."

Of course, I wouldn't listen to that mother fucker. Why would I? After what happened.

"So he asked me to tell you to go meet him at the shed."

"The fucking shed?" I turn to Leith.

"Yeah, that fucking shed," He annoyingly puts a tone in the 'shed'.

I glance at Jaylin as we sit down. We listen to Asher being a horrible distraction, acting as a whole dumb ass. I don't get them as I watch them, but then I hear his voice in my head.

"You did well. Now do it again. Kill him."

"This. This is your job now, kid. It's a beauty, isn't it?"

I nod at Leith. 'I'll go' is what the 'nod' tells him. He turns back and I watch him bring up a fake lighted smile.

I hear Leith talk about how Asher might be high.