Chapter 9 | Needed Hug

Jaylin.

We never came here because of Hayden.

We never came here because of Mom.

We came here because he was still stuck in the eyes of money.

It's now dawn. I sit in the same place where the un-named man left. I think of how many cabinets there are in the kitchen. Feeling it hard to swallow now, feeling a left over sting vertical across my neck.

I still remember the way his hands grasped my neck.

A single white paper that I signed while I was drugged.

An evidence that can come back at me anytime until it is fulfilled on both sides.

Me and that man.

A Contract.

A contract is a promise, a promise that is more certain than its promise itself. Promises are equal to contracts, both deals with truth but contracts have more proof. A promise that you can't run away from.

He is the promise that I'm forced into that I can't run away from.

I need to find Dad. I don't know what to do. But the only option is to...wait. To fucking wait.

I push myself up feeling the dryness of my mouth finally hit me in the back of my throat. I cough aggressively stepping over the papers, pictures, and magnets that had fallen when he had slammed me into the refrigerator.

I place a hand on the counter looking down on the still open file. I close the file as it sends my lungs weak. I glance at the clock and see its 5 AM. School. Time for school. I look down at my hand that is placed on the edge of counter and watch my finger nerves tremble and quiver unconditionally, as the tremble travel up my arm. It won't stop.

The trembling, the shaking, the fear It. Won't. Stop.

I can't stop.

I

can't

stop

being

scared.

I forget about the mess that stays laying on the floor slowly hunching over walking up the stairs; hoping a warm shower can stop me from being shaken up.

I don't take a single chance of glancing at the mirror.

I don't want to even see this pathetic look that man had made me into.

~~~~~

I stare down at the tub. Watching the water slowly flow down to the drain as it sinks in—

"Jaylin!"

Huh? Why do I hear someone calling my name?

Shit, I should probably start finding a job. A good job that pays hella lots of money. Should I try being a stri"Jaylin! I'm going to walk in this house like Micheal Myers."

Rayne?

"Get your ass down here! Or Imma' shit on your front door, right here, right now!"

Why is she here?

I lift my head as I'm thinking I'm hearing things. I wait for second until I hear a

one

two

three

a pause.

fourth

Heavy knocks coming from the front door.